Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 8.00 beta 12 is available for download. Updates from beta 11 include:

– Fixed Projects plug-in.
    – The caret position fixed after wrap mode is changed.

See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/
    for updates from Version 7.

Download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/download2/ (Next Beta Version)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than one using the Registry.

We target October 29th (in the Pacific time) as the release date of v8. Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

CaptainFlint
    Participant

Thanks for the improving searching speed, now it indeed became faster. However, for large files searching backward still can be very long, and the progress dialog does not appear, so I cannot interrupt the search and cannot work with EE till the search ends (and it may take several minutes and even longer — in my experiment I waited for 20 minutes). The only way is to kill the process, but it contains also other files I don’t want to lose.

It would be better if EE measured time passed since search started, and after e.g. 5 seconds showed the progress dialog with the Cancel button.

CaptainFlint
    Participant

A small bug I met several times, but only now found a way to reproduce it.

1. Open several documents in EE and save the workspace.
    2. Close EE and its tray icon (if shown).
    3. Start EE (tray icon does not appear).
    4. Open Customize -> Shortcut, check the “Display a tray icon” and “EmEditor Quick Start” checkboxes.
    5. The icon tray appeared: left-click it and select “Restore Workspace”.
    6. The “Untitled” document shown after the step 3 is closed, but the workspace is not restored. You have to repeat the step 5 to actually restore it.

owilsky
    Participant

One more bug:

– Select customize Toolbars
    – Create a new toolbar
    – add some new buttons to the toolbar, including some macros (jsee files)
    – jsee files do not appear on new toolbar, all other buttons show fine.

owilsky
    Participant

And one more:

open a new document and add several lines with “123” (without the quotes).

Goto top of the file and search for a regex “^123”.
    It will correctly find the first line.
    Then press F3 to find next and see how the selection is not correct.

B-63
    Participant

Dear Sir,

I experience bad news with EmEditor Professional 8.00 beta 11 and beta 12, 32-Bit. Tools /Customize appears on every start of the software, telling me that

“The selected language pack is not for this version of EmEditor. Select or
    install the correct version of language pack.”

Installed is emed600lang_german.msi, and newer version I could not find. In EmEditor Professional 8.00 beta 07 or before, this didn’t occur.

For future installations, it would be fine if there would the error message being removed, or a new language pack would appear.

Best regards,

Michael Lukas Sarides

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

B-63 wrote:
    Dear Sir,

I experience bad news with EmEditor Professional 8.00 beta 11 and beta 12, 32-Bit. Tools /Customize appears on every start of the software, telling me that

“The selected language pack is not for this version of EmEditor. Select or
    install the correct version of language pack.”

Installed is emed600lang_german.msi, and newer version I could not find. In EmEditor Professional 8.00 beta 07 or before, this didn’t occur.

For future installations, it would be fine if there would the error message being removed, or a new language pack would appear.

Best regards,

Michael Lukas Sarides

You are right. You should not use Version 6 or 7 language pack with EmEditor v8. Doing so would prevent some features from working correctly. Please use the English user interface until version 8 language pack becomes available.

B-63
    Participant

Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your reply. I am happy to hear that a new version of the language pack arrives with version 8.

Best regards,

Michael Lukas Sarides

emuser1

I’am Chinese Unicode User, When I Loding Bigger (3MB) Chinese Unicode File (Used Vista Unicode Ext-B Font) Very Slow. I Also Test On MS-Office 2007, Same File Loding Is Very Fast, If Compare By Emeditor. I Used Same Computer For Test.
    Please Testing And Fix This Problems.
    This Problems Also Found On Emditor 5.X, 6.X, 7.X, 8 Beta Version. Please Really Test About Multilangue Unicode.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

emuser1 wrote:
    I’am Chinese Unicode User, When I Loding Bigger (3MB) Chinese Unicode File (Used Vista Unicode Ext-B Font) Very Slow. I Also Test On MS-Office 2007, Same File Loding Is Very Fast, If Compare By Emeditor. I Used Same Computer For Test.
    This Problems Also Found On Emditor 5.X, 6.X, 7.X, 8 Beta Version. Please Really Test About Multilangue Unicode.

I would really appreciate if you coud email me a sample file to [email protected] (after zipped). Thank you!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

owilsky wrote:
    One more bug:

– Select customize Toolbars
    – Create a new toolbar
    – add some new buttons to the toolbar, including some macros (jsee files)
    – jsee files do not appear on new toolbar, all other buttons show fine.

I see all macro buttons on the new toolbar. If you want to display the macro titles, you will need to check “Display Macro Titles in Basic Toolbars” check box in the Toolbars dialog. This is the new option in v8.

emuser1

Unicode E-Mail Send. Subject: Unicode EXT-B Slow.
    Please Set The Vista Unicode Ext-B Font, When Not Set The Font, That Fast.
    Test On Vista With Unicode Ext-B Font (Mingliub.ttc)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Yutaka wrote:

emuser1 wrote:

I would really appreciate if you coud email me a sample file to [email protected] (after zipped). Thank you!

I received your sample file. I used to make a balnce between speed and memory size since Ext-B characters are rarely used. However, I optimized the speed for Ext-B characters also on the next beta version. Thank you!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

owilsky wrote:
    And one more:

open a new document and add several lines with “123” (without the quotes).

Goto top of the file and search for a regex “^123”.
    It will correctly find the first line.
    Then press F3 to find next and see how the selection is not correct.

I corrected this issue on the next beta version. Thank you!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Flint wrote:
    A small bug I met several times, but only now found a way to reproduce it.

1. Open several documents in EE and save the workspace.
    2. Close EE and its tray icon (if shown).
    3. Start EE (tray icon does not appear).
    4. Open Customize -> Shortcut, check the “Display a tray icon” and “EmEditor Quick Start” checkboxes.
    5. The icon tray appeared: left-click it and select “Restore Workspace”.
    6. The “Untitled” document shown after the step 3 is closed, but the workspace is not restored. You have to repeat the step 5 to actually restore it.

Strange. I followed your steps, but I cannot reproduce your issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.