Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 8.00 RC 1 is available for download. Updates from beta 12 include:

– Fixed the bug that the selection after regular expression find might be wrong when the “Additional Lines to Search for Regular Expressions” is set more than 0 in the Search tab of the Customize dialog box.

– Optimized the speed when a document contains Ext-B characters.

– The vertical scroll position fixed after wrap mode is changed.

See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/
    for updates from Version 7.

Download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/download2/ (Next Beta Version)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than one using the Registry.

We target the mid-November as the release date of v8. Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

gan
    Participant

I often search using the regular expression “^” only and replace with something like “no ” when i want to add “no ” in front of the lines. Starting with Beta 11 the first entry found then the “no ” isn’t added in front of the line, but after the first charater. The rest of the lines is replaced correctly.

So if i have 3 lines like this:
    test
    test
    test

Then search for “^” and replace with “no ” then the result is like this:
    tno est
    no test
    no test

I just installed rc1 and the problem is still present.

Regards
    Gan

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

gan wrote:
    I often search using the regular expression “^” only and replace with something like “no ” when i want to add “no ” in front of the lines. Starting with Beta 11 the first entry found then the “no ” isn’t added in front of the line, but after the first charater. The rest of the lines is replaced correctly.

So if i have 3 lines like this:
    test
    test
    test

Then search for “^” and replace with “no ” then the result is like this:
    tno est
    no test
    no test

I just installed rc1 and the problem is still present.

Regards
    Gan

You are right. I will fix that in RC 2. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.