Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 9.00 alpha 17 is available for download. Updates from v9.00 alpha 16 include:

– Fixed the Snippets plug-in bug.

Please download

http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a17epx.msi (English, 32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a17ep64.msi (English, 64-bit)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

The Help has not been updated. Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

robben

Snippets plug-in bug

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

robben wrote:
    Snippets plug-in bug

Please provice more information. Did you try to “reset all” in the “Import/Export” in the context menu? Which snippet did you choose and what was the content of the snippet?

robben

I did try to “reset all” in the “Import/Export” in the context menu.
    The bug in Javascript->Get Element snippet.

Whether does here look like e-texteditor to present the sequence quick key?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

robben wrote:
    I did try to “reset all” in the “Import/Export” in the context menu.
    The bug in Javascript->Get Element snippet.

I fixed this on alpha 18. Thanks!

Whether does here look like e-texteditor to present the sequence quick key?

You will just need to change the macro for doctype. I will change the default snippets in future versions.

petx

This release is getting better and better. Thank you for your wonderful work.

One minor problem I encountered (not sure if it is feature or not) is that: when I select something, if I click a character such as quotation mark, parenthesis, the whole selected string will be enclosed by the newly insert character pair. I would expect the selected string is REPLACED by the character I just entered. This is particularly annoying when we use snippet feature and switch input focuses.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

petx wrote:
    This release is getting better and better. Thank you for your wonderful work.

One minor problem I encountered (not sure if it is feature or not) is that: when I select something, if I click a character such as quotation mark, parenthesis, the whole selected string will be enclosed by the newly insert character pair. I would expect the selected string is REPLACED by the character I just entered. This is particularly annoying when we use snippet feature and switch input focuses.

This is one of new features of v9, but you can disable by unchecking “Auto-Complete Brackets/Quotation Marks” in the Highlight (2) tab of configuration properties.

urlwolf

I love that feature.
    and clicking on a ” selecting all text inside is genious!

petx

I like auto-completing brackets/quotation marks.

What I don’t like is when I select a text block and input a quotation mark, the quotation marks would automatically surround the selected text instead of replacing them.

It becomes a problem when using together with snippets where we use ‘tab’ key to switch between input focuses. In each focus, the text would be pre-selected. And if we enter a quotation mark, a pair of them would automatically surround the pre-selected text instead of replacing them.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

petx wrote:
    I like auto-completing brackets/quotation marks.

What I don’t like is when I select a text block and input a quotation mark, the quotation marks would automatically surround the selected text instead of replacing them.

It becomes a problem when using together with snippets where we use ‘tab’ key to switch between input focuses. In each focus, the text would be pre-selected. And if we enter a quotation mark, a pair of them would automatically surround the pre-selected text instead of replacing them.

I will have the next version disable the auto-complete bracket feature while a snippet is active (while the cursor is actively at any placeholder position). Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.