Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #7231

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    EmEditor Professional 9.00 alpha 17 is available for download. Updates from v9.00 alpha 16 include:

    – Fixed the Snippets plug-in bug.

    Please download

    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a17epx.msi (English, 32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a17ep64.msi (English, 64-bit)

    The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

    The Help has not been updated. Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

    #7233

    robben
    Member

    Snippets plug-in bug

    #7236

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    robben wrote:
    Snippets plug-in bug

    Please provice more information. Did you try to “reset all” in the “Import/Export” in the context menu? Which snippet did you choose and what was the content of the snippet?

    #7237

    robben
    Member

    I did try to “reset all” in the “Import/Export” in the context menu.
    The bug in Javascript->Get Element snippet.

    Whether does here look like e-texteditor to present the sequence quick key?

    #7271

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    robben wrote:
    I did try to “reset all” in the “Import/Export” in the context menu.
    The bug in Javascript->Get Element snippet.

    I fixed this on alpha 18. Thanks!

    Whether does here look like e-texteditor to present the sequence quick key?

    You will just need to change the macro for doctype. I will change the default snippets in future versions.

    #7281

    petx
    Member

    This release is getting better and better. Thank you for your wonderful work.

    One minor problem I encountered (not sure if it is feature or not) is that: when I select something, if I click a character such as quotation mark, parenthesis, the whole selected string will be enclosed by the newly insert character pair. I would expect the selected string is REPLACED by the character I just entered. This is particularly annoying when we use snippet feature and switch input focuses.

    #7283

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    petx wrote:
    This release is getting better and better. Thank you for your wonderful work.

    One minor problem I encountered (not sure if it is feature or not) is that: when I select something, if I click a character such as quotation mark, parenthesis, the whole selected string will be enclosed by the newly insert character pair. I would expect the selected string is REPLACED by the character I just entered. This is particularly annoying when we use snippet feature and switch input focuses.

    This is one of new features of v9, but you can disable by unchecking “Auto-Complete Brackets/Quotation Marks” in the Highlight (2) tab of configuration properties.

    #7284

    urlwolf
    Member

    I love that feature.
    and clicking on a ” selecting all text inside is genious!

    #7285

    petx
    Member

    I like auto-completing brackets/quotation marks.

    What I don’t like is when I select a text block and input a quotation mark, the quotation marks would automatically surround the selected text instead of replacing them.

    It becomes a problem when using together with snippets where we use ‘tab’ key to switch between input focuses. In each focus, the text would be pre-selected. And if we enter a quotation mark, a pair of them would automatically surround the pre-selected text instead of replacing them.

    #7287

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    petx wrote:
    I like auto-completing brackets/quotation marks.

    What I don’t like is when I select a text block and input a quotation mark, the quotation marks would automatically surround the selected text instead of replacing them.

    It becomes a problem when using together with snippets where we use ‘tab’ key to switch between input focuses. In each focus, the text would be pre-selected. And if we enter a quotation mark, a pair of them would automatically surround the pre-selected text instead of replacing them.

    I will have the next version disable the auto-complete bracket feature while a snippet is active (while the cursor is actively at any placeholder position). Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share with friends... Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone