Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 9.00 alpha 24 is available for download. Updates from v9.00 alpha 23 include:

– Horizontal/Vertical lines are not drawn below text.
    – Flickering eliminated.
    – Narrowing command added (Edit > Narrowing). In the Outline plug-in, Narrow and Widen commands were added. Narrowing command sets only the selection as editable area and make the rest inaccessible. (Before trying the narrowing command, make sure the Outside of regions background color is different from the General background color.

Please download

http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a24epx.msi (English, 32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a24ep64.msi (English, 64-bit)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

The Help has not been updated. Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

Eugene
    Participant

This build seems to be a little bit buggy for me. Something with rendering of the text inside editor. Upgraded today and found this problem during coding. I used another alpha builds w/o any problem.. Turned back to 805 final. ;) Thank you for keeping us with new builds!! 8-)

webern

EE v.9.00alpha24(x64), Vista(64)
    EE leaves previous line highlighted with the backgorund highlight color defined for the Current Line while I do moving the cursor up/down with Up/Dn arrow keys.

In my example the orange is the background color for the Current Line, not the selection.

Deipotent
    Participant

Any chance of getting a dotted line for the Indent guide, instead of a solid line (as a solid line takes focus away from the code) ?

Also, is it possible for a keyword to take precedence over a Comment ?

For example, when programming, I may have a comment like:

// TODO: Add xyz here

and would like to highlight in red, “TODO” and everything after it. However, even if I add TODO as a keyword, the whole line is still treated as a comment and so appears in the Comment colour/font.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Deipotent wrote:
    Any chance of getting a dotted line for the Indent guide, instead of a solid line (as a solid line takes focus away from the code) ?

Did you check “Dotted Lines” in the Scroll tab of configuration properties?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

webern wrote:
    EE v.9.00alpha24(x64), Vista(64)
    EE leaves previous line highlighted with the backgorund highlight color defined for the Current Line while I do moving the cursor up/down with Up/Dn arrow keys.

In my example the orange is the background color for the Current Line, not the selection.

This will be fixed in alpha 25. Thanks!

Deipotent
    Participant

I hadn’t, and that had the desired effect. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.