Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 9.00 alpha 35 is available for download.

Updates from alpha 34 include:

– Fixed bugs related to CSV mode.

Please download

http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a35epx.msi (English, 32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a35ep64.msi (English, 64-bit)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

The Help has not been updated. Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

petx

Thank you for your wonderful work. EmEditor is close to perfect!

I found I often encounter an annoying problem, though. Sometimes, I modified a file and press Ctrl+S, but the file is not saved at all (the star character next to the file name remains). If I drag and drop the file tab to a different position and then press Ctrl+S, the file can be saved successfully. When this problem happens, it will also be there until I restart EmEditor. The bad thing is that this issue is not always reproducible, but I do encounter it now and then. Any idea?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

petx wrote:
    Thank you for your wonderful work. EmEditor is close to perfect!

I found I often encounter an annoying problem, though. Sometimes, I modified a file and press Ctrl+S, but the file is not saved at all (the star character next to the file name remains). If I drag and drop the file tab to a different position and then press Ctrl+S, the file can be saved successfully. When this problem happens, it will also be there until I restart EmEditor. The bad thing is that this issue is not always reproducible, but I do encounter it now and then. Any idea?

Thanks for your inputs. I will ask you several questions. First, does this happen only on v9 alpha?

chabulier

I found the recent alpha versions often crashed when process some huge files. But when I move to 8.05, it works fine.

Is there any other person who found this? or do we already fix this issue? :-)

petx

I never used 8.0. It does occur on all 9.00 alpha releases. I am using 64bit version.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

petx wrote:
    I never used 8.0. It does occur on all 9.00 alpha releases. I am using 64bit version.

Thanks for information. Do you use right-click on tabs? Right-clicking tabs will display a menu including Save, Close, New Group, etc. Does this problem occur after right-clicking any tabs and then click other places to cancel the menu?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

petx wrote:

Do you use the Snippets plug-in? Can you right-click on the Snippets plug-in button on the Toolbar, select Properties, and then is “Run Background” checkbox checked? If checked, can you try unchecking this checkbox, and see if you still see crashes? When you see crashes, can you explain more details when this happens?

petx

Nope, I never right-click on tabs.
    I do use snippets plugin and the background checkbox is checked. I will let you know next time I encounter this problem.

BTW, the editor is not crashing. It just can’t save the file even I press Ctrl+S. If I drag the tab to a different position, the saving can succeed.

petx

Ah, yes, that did the trick. I right-click on the tab and click elsewhere to cancel it. And then I was able to save the file.

petx

FYI, as of alpha 37, this bug still exists.

May I also suggest a minor improvement? Currently, when holding down Shift key and then press Home key, the line starting from the cursor position back to the first column will be selected. Would it be possible that if we click Home key again (while holding down Shift), the selection is made till the first non-blank character, and if we click Home again, it is back to the first column again? This behavior would be consistent with other popular editors. Thanks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

petx wrote:
    FYI, as of alpha 37, this bug still exists.

May I also suggest a minor improvement? Currently, when holding down Shift key and then press Home key, the line starting from the cursor position back to the first column will be selected. Would it be possible that if we click Home key again (while holding down Shift), the selection is made till the first non-blank character, and if we click Home again, it is back to the first column again? This behavior would be consistent with other popular editors. Thanks.

I cannot reproduce the bug. For clarification, can you describe the bug again?

I will consider the SHIFT+HOME behavior in future versions. Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.