Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 9.00 beta 2 is available for download.

Updates from beta 1 include:

– Arrow was added to the Open button on the Toolbar, and the recent file list and recent folder list can be displayed.
    – Fixed the bug that the full-width bracket could not be auto-completed.
    – Fixed other bugs.

Please download

http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900b2epx.msi (English, 32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900b2ep64.msi (English, 64-bit)

The About dialog box shows the “Trial Version”. This beta version expires on November 30, 2009. Before this date, you will need to update to then newer version, or purchase the release version.

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

owilsky
    Participant

I just tried to open a tab separated txt file and it look like this:

I don’t think the blue square is supposed to be there?
    Please note that there is no character other than a tab between the cells.

Regards,
    Oliver

owilsky
    Participant

Also, is this grey border normal? In empty documents it look very ugly:

Also I’d like to have the temp folder as my backup folder in All Configurations > Backup. Is it possible for you to implement the use of environment variables like \%temp\% ? The same for Auto save folder.

dw7832
    Participant

Thank you for the new beta and the included sort functionality! Unfortunately, the following seems not to be currently available:
    – The ability to sort just the current selection instead of the whole file.
    – When printing headers and/or footers, the ability to have multiple elements (for example, one left aligned and one right aligned) in the same header or footer. By way of example: “&f &r &p of &a” (minus the quotes) leads to both the file name and page numbers to be right aligned instead of the file name to the left edge and the page number to the right.
    – A spelling check plug-in or built-in functionality for the 64-bit version.

Thank you.

(This is a repost of my reply to the first beta. Apologies if you did spot my first reply.)

owilsky
    Participant

I second this request! And additionally I’d like to configure which column the sorting should begin, at the moment it always sorts from the start (column 1).

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

dw7832 wrote:
    Thank you for the new beta and the included sort functionality! Unfortunately, the following seems not to be currently available:
    – When printing headers and/or footers, the ability to have multiple elements (for example, one left aligned and one right aligned) in the same header or footer. By way of example: “&f &r &p of &a” (minus the quotes) leads to both the file name and page numbers to be right aligned instead of the file name to the left edge and the page number to the right.
    – A spelling check plug-in or built-in functionality for the 64-bit version.

Thank you.

(This is a repost of my reply to the first beta. Apologies if you did spot my first reply.)

I am really sorry for my late reply, but I am positive about adding features you wrote. Thanks for trying out the beta version!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.