Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jamil
    Participant

I am currently evaluating EmEditor Professional version 9.17. Things are looking good so far, but I do have a couple questions:

Is the licensing for software per user or per computer? I have two computers at home and also two at work that I use. However, I will be the sole user of the software. Will one license do, or must I purchase four?

Second, my desktop home computer runs 64-bit Windows 7, and I would like to install the 64-bit version of EmEditor should I choose to purchase a license. I have noticed that there are very few 64-bit plug-ins compared to the number of 32-bit. The 32-bit plug-ins do not function on the 64-bit build, I assume. Why are there so few 64-bit plug-ins?

Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Jamil,

Basically, the licensing for software is per computer. According to v9 EULA, you will need to purchase a license for each computer at work plus one more for your personal computers. That means three in your case. However, we added some section to v10 EULA, and it allows you to use a second computer at home with the same license at work. Therefore, you need only two licenses total if you use v10. Not only because of license issue, I would strongly recommend v10 RC for its reliability and features, and then you can update to v10 official release at any time before July 31.

64-bit edition is new, and not all plug-in authors have 64-bit computers in the past. All my recent plug-ins are built both in 32-bit and in 64-bit. If plug-ins are the issue for you, you can always install 32-bit edition on your 64-bit machines.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.