- June 28, 2011 at 6:26 pm #9436
EmEditor Professional v10.1.0 beta 1 is available for download.
Beginning this version, the trial becomes the same as the full-version (as it was in v8 and earlier), and simply entering a registration key during the trial will switch the program to the full-version.
Updates from 10.0.8 include:
– Fixed the bug that during uninstalling or updating, Explorer is displayed as a list of used files, and Explorer may spontaneously close during uninstalling or updating. The bug fix is enabled after this version is uninstalled, so you still might experience the bug when you update to this version.
– Fixed the bug where printing files in the Binary (Hexadecimal view) mode.
– Fixed the bug that when a very large CSV/TSV file is opened, there is a long pause after the file is finished opened. The CSV/TSV mode is now disabled for large files.
– Fixed the bug where eeupdate.exe is still run even when “Do not check updates” is selected for the Update Checker options.
– After opening a file as CSV/TSV mode, when reloading the file, the file used to switch to the normal mode. Now it will not switch to the normal mode.
– Fixed the bug of the Paste with Quotes and Returns command.
Since this is a beta version, there might be further bugs. If you find any bugs, please write a message in this forum or email to email@example.com.
Please read an important message “Paid upgrades for licenses purchased on or after November 1, 2011”:
Thank you for trying EmEditor beta versions!June 29, 2011 at 12:03 pm #9437
Sorry I can’t read Japanese.
The ‘bug fix’ where a large CSVTSV file disables CSVTSV mode creates a bug for me.
Can this fix be turned off through configuration ?
Can a better solution be found for this problem ?
As someone who processes large files like this on a regular basis the fix for me is a step backwards.
CheersJune 29, 2011 at 4:48 pm #9438
CSV/TSV mode will take too long time for very large files, so it was disabled. You can change the very large file threshold by changing the value in the “Minimum File Size to Use Temporary File” in the Advanced tab of Configuration dialog. In the future versions, I might add an option to allow CSV/TSV mode in very large files.
Thanks!June 29, 2011 at 10:30 pm #9440
So what you are telling me is don’t upgrade to 10.1.0 as it removes functionality I use, but it may come back in a later version.
Very disappointing.June 30, 2011 at 11:11 pm #9446
I am enabling the CSV/TSV on very large files for v10.1.0 release.
Thanks!July 24, 2011 at 6:05 pm #9512
I’ve tested EmEditor beta and I’ve found something unexpected in displaying Thai Language (especially Thai vowels) when using Windows 7.
It also happened in old versions of EmEditor (8.x, 9.x, 10.x) on Windows 7, too.
This behavior does not occurred in Windows XP, Windows 2003. It started to happen when using Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008.
Please have a look on the documents in this link.
Kalum K.July 25, 2011 at 6:18 pm #9515
I reproduced this issue, and I will look into this issue.
Thank you!July 26, 2011 at 11:45 am #9516
Thank you for your kindly response. I’m looking forward to see the improvement of the best text editor in my opinion soon 🙂
Kalum K.August 10, 2011 at 6:37 pm #9530
I just have seen new version posted on the download page and also tried about issue I’ve mentioned before.
Now the problem is gone I can view the file perfectly !
But there is another new problem for Thai language input in this new version (10.1.1).
Please have a look on video screen capture in this link.
The problem is, when I typing Thai upper/lower vowel it always shifted to the end of line. This behavior is not correct for typing Thai language.
But when I used copy and paste method to copy Thai text from Notepad to EmEditor, the program can display correctly.
Please have a look on this issue 🙂
Kalum K.August 10, 2011 at 9:05 pm #9535
I watched your screencast, and I will work on this in future versions.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.