Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional v10 beta 4 (9.90.4) is available for download.

Updates from beta 3 include:

– Vertical selection of zero width at the right of end of lines will cause the selection move to end of each line in the selection. Then typing will insert text at end of each line (even if line lengths are not the same).

– Supports Camel Case. (Configuration Properties > Spelling > Support Camel Case)

– Category name is now displayed when you press an assigned key in the “Press New Shortcut Key” text box.

For details of other new features and screenshots of EmEditor Professional 10, please see:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_36.html

Please download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed32_9.90.4.exe (32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed64_9.90.4.exe (64-bit)

It is recommended that you uninstall previous v9 before you install a new version.

This beta version is free. It doesn’t require you to enter a registration key, and anyone can use this beta version without purchase. This version expires on May 31, 2010. Before this date, you will need to update to then newer version, or purchase the release version.

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

Please don’t hesitate to write any comments or bug reports in this forum.

Thank you for trying EmEditor beta versions!

zhouzh2
    Participant

– Vertical selection of zero width at the right of end of lines will cause the selection move to end of each line in the selection. Then typing will insert text at end of each line (even if line lengths are not the same).

This is fine and good. Can we still have the original method? i.e. when virtual space is on, it seems more logical to use the original method.

ToadLoadin

Bug Report:
    An alert of “cannot find eeupdate.exe” will pop up at the first time running a portable version of EmEditor, whenever with customized setting exported or default setting exported.

Feature Request:
    Retaining shortcuts settings after updating to newer version of EmEditor.

After updating to the latest version of EmEditor, the “EmEditor” item or “Find in files with EmEditor” will always be added to the context menu of Windows explorer, though I have choosed to diable them at the previous version. I personally prefer to open files with EmEditor via “Send to” menu, so retaining that choice would be great. :-)

zhouzh2
    Participant

One thing more:
    in html snippets, TagComplete and Wrap Selection in Open/Close Tag works just the same, except that:
    TagComplete mirrors everything in tags, whilst Wrap Selection in Open/Close Tag mirrors everything in tags but the one matches “s.*”, so that

will not all be mirrored, which also makes more sense.

P.S. Since v9 has snippets enhanced, can we have a Library of snippets, so that users can upload their snippets written?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello zhouzh2,

Thanks for trying EmEditor beta!

You can still use the original method by selecting “non-zero” width vertical selection.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

You are right! I will remove “TagComplete” from the default snippet set.

I’ve just added “Snippets” category in our library, so you will be the first one to add to this category. :-)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello ToadLoadin,

I am going to fix that bug, and also try to add that feature. Thank you!

ToadLoadin

Bug Report:
    Hi Yutaka, there is something wrong with the new outline plugin, could you check my screen recording?
    Please download my screen recording here:
    http://www.dropbox.com/u/2516823/video/2010-03/emeditor-v10b4-outline-bug.flv

zhouzh2
    Participant

Yes, I did write a bit of my own snippets to improve my efficiency, but they are just too crudity to put here…After all I’m not a programmer (yet). Hopefully someone else will start to fulfill the library, and all Emeditor users will benefit from that. Best wishes for all Em users. :-)

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,
    When using regex to find and/or replace ‘s’, Emeditor will match both TABs and SPACEs. Is this an expected behavior or a bug?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

zhouzh2 wrote:
    Hi Yutaka,
    When using regex to find and/or replace ‘s’, Emeditor will match both TABs and SPACEs. Is this an expected behavior or a bug?

Yes, whitespace (s) includes both tabs and spaces.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello ToadLoadin,

I reproduced this issue, and I am going to fix this one although it might not be perfect.

Thank you!

Viggen

Hi. It seems regex search somewat overoptimized :)
    search pattern: xyz_w+b
    note b boundary.
    press “find up” and it will find same match, but without last letter.
    Instead of jumping to previous match.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Viggen,

Thanks for trying EmEditor Professional Beta!

I reproduced this issue. I will see what cause this issue. Thank you for your input!

Please let me know if you have further comments or questions.

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,
    Now the following 2 might not be a bug but a specification. Just a confirmation needed.
    1. Currently the ‘Highlight Matching Brackets’ and ‘Auto-Complete Brackets/Quotation Marks’ shares the same option right? Which means it is not possible to set to only auto-complete ‘()’ but highlight both ‘()’ and ‘{}’. In order to retain the auto-completion of ‘()’ but get rid of the auto ‘{}’, the only way is to uncheck ‘{}’ in Bracket Pairs, but this will also disable Highlight Matching Brackets and even the CTRL-] to find the matching bracket.
    2. A single highlight can only have one style (bold, underline, italic or normal), and spellchecking’s wiggly line is considered a style. So the style of the keyword will be overwrote by spellchecker’s style.
    This is fine in most of the case, since spellchecker can be configured not to check keywords. But if the keywords are defined by regex, users will have to choose between canceling the spellcheck on keywords or losing the style of keywords.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello zhouzh2,

Thanks for using EmEditor beta!

Your two points are true. I might improve at least #2 so the spelling checker always checks spelling even if you overwrite words with another styles.

Thanks for your inputs!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.