Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional v10 beta 9 (9.90.9) is available for download.

Updates from beta 8 include:

– “Restore Window Positions when Finished”, “Restore Tabbed Window Position”, “Last Accessed Document”, and “Least Accessed Document” commands were added.
    – “Restore window positions when finished” check box was added to the Compare and Synchronize Scrolling wizard.
    – By default, CTRL + F6 is now assigned to the “Last Accessed Document” command, CTRL + SHIFT + F6 is assigned to the “Least Accessed Document” command, CTRL + TAB is assigned to the “Next Document” command, and CTRL + SHIFT + TAB is assigned to the “Previous Document” command.
    – “Switch to Last Used Document for Next Document Command” check box was obsolete and removed from the Window tab of the Customize dialog box.
    – “Header” and “Footer” check boxes were added to the Print tab of configuration properties.
    – “Delete All” button was added to the “My Macros” tab of the “Customize Macros” dialog box.
    – In Outline plug-in properties, “Synchronize selection to cursor position”, “Set focus in the custom bar at first run”, “ESC key to close the custom bar”, and “ENTER key or Go command to close the custom bar” check boxes were added.

For details of other new features and screenshots of EmEditor Professional 10, please see:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_36.html

Please download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed32_9.90.9.exe (32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed64_9.90.9.exe (64-bit)

It is recommended that you uninstall previous v9 before you install a new version.

This beta version is free. It doesn’t require you to enter a registration key, and anyone can use this beta version without purchase. This version expires on May 31, 2010. Before this date, you will need to update to then newer version, or purchase the release version.

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

Please don’t hesitate to write any comments or bug reports in this forum.

Thank you for trying EmEditor beta versions!

robben

I have found what cause the bug of zen-coding macro.
    when I enable ‘wrap by window’, if I input code like ‘xxxx’ and start macro, a string ‘$CURSOR$’ appears in the place where the cursor is expected.
    watch this

http://dl-web.dropbox.com/u/5513729/new.mp4

owilsky
    Participant

– By default, CTRL + F6 is now assigned to the “Last Accessed Document” command, CTRL + SHIFT + F6 is assigned to the “Least Accessed Document” command, CTRL + TAB is assigned to the “Next Document” command, and CTRL + SHIFT + TAB is assigned to the “Previous Document” command.

I don’t like this new CTRL-TAB behavior.
    I am used to that I can switch between the same two documents by CTRL-TAB although I have more documents open.
    I wanted to change the key to the old behavior but was not able to find the new commands (CTRL+F6 / CTRL+SHIFT+F6). Where are they?

My suggestion is to change it to this per default:
    – Last Accessed Document: CTRL + TAB
    – Least Accessed Document: CTRL + SHIFT + TAB
    – Next Document: CTRL + F6
    – Previous Document: CTRL + SHIFT + TAB

What do you think?
    Oliver

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Oliver,

I didn’t like it either, but the fact is lots of people are confused with the default behavior. Most people expect CTRL + TAB behave like Internet Explorer and Firefox where CTRL + TAB switches to the next document (right tab). So, that is why I changed the default CTRL + TAB should go to the next document (right tab). You can change the behavior by changing the keyboard shortcut.

However, I like your opinion. I might change the default as you suggested.
    Other users, what do you think?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello robben,

“$cursor$” should appear because the macro writes it to it.
    I am sorry I couldn’t figure out your issue. Maybe because this is the macro issue. I wish I understood better.

owilsky
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

thanks for your answer.
    How do I change my keyboard settings? When I want to change “last accessed document” to “CTRL-TAB” when I press this key combination, I change from the keyboard tab to the spelling tab.

Oliver

MariaK
    Participant

I didn’t like it either, but the fact is lots of people are confused with the default behavior. Most people expect CTRL + TAB behave like Internet Explorer and Firefox where CTRL + TAB switches to the next document (right tab). So, that is why I changed the default CTRL + TAB should go to the next document (right tab). You can change the behavior by changing the keyboard shortcut.

I don’t care. I do not use ”Last Accessed Document”/”Least Accessed Document” commands; and for ”Next Document”/”Previous Document” I used my own keyboard shortcuts.

How do I change my keyboard settings? When I want to change “last accessed document” to “CTRL-TAB” when I press this key combination, I change from the keyboard tab to the spelling tab.

Press one key after the other key and not in combination; first [CTRL] and then [TAB].

owilsky
    Participant

MariaK wrote:

Press one key after the other key and not in combination; first [CTRL] and then [TAB].

That works. Thanks!

@Yutaka:
    I modified my main menu, I inserted some new menus to call my macros. Unfortunately when a new version comes out that has some new menu items (like View/Marks some betas ago) I don’t see those new items. I need to reset my main menu for that, but then I lose my user defined menus.

I really would like to have a kind of import/export feature for parts of the menus so I could easily transfer my menu from one version to the next or even from one computer to a colleague’s. At the moment it is saved in a binary way in HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3CommonMainMenu as far as I can see. No real way to backup and restore parts of it.

BTW: I reset the main menu in beta 9 and see the “Next Document” / “Previous Document” entries in Window menu, but not “Last/Least accessed Document”, I had to manually insert those. Is this normal?

Oliver

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello owilsky,

Thanks for trying beta 9!

As you noticed, menus are not automatically merged to new menus. This is something I am considering for improvements.

“Last/Least accessed Document” are not included in the default menu, but they are included only in the All Commands menu. I might add those commands in the main menu on the next beta.

Please let me know if you have further questions or comments.
    Thank you!

gan
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:

I use CRTL-TAB to switch between the last used documents so like it the way it is in version 9, but not very important to me what is default as long as it’s easy to change. As you said Internet Explorer switch to the next tab by default, but this behavior can easily be changed in IE under “Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced” by checking “Use most recent order when switching tabs with Crtl-Tab”. I think such a setting is a bit easier than having to change the keyboard shortcuts. Why not leave the CTRL-Tab behavior like it is in version 9 and add such a setting like in IE?

gan

owilsky
    Participant

Why not leave the CTRL-Tab behavior like it is in version 9 and add such a setting like in IE?

I second that!

ToadLoadin

Feature Request:
    Let the font customizable in OutputBar (font, color, weight and style),
    so which could look in someway like this: :-)

luxxon

Dear ToadLoadin

the theme is great. But my digits 012345 didn’t show different color in minizen theme, I shoud set which setting?

ToadLoadin

luxxon wrote:
    Dear ToadLoadin
    the theme is great. But my digits 012345 didn’t show different color in minizen theme, I shoud set which setting?

Hi luxxon,

The MinimalZen theme does not have the ability to display digits in different color, the screenshot used in this thread is just an example I copied from here to describe my idea.

I guess you can let EmEditor display digits in different color by setting a highlight word with regular expression in certain configurations, please check out my screencast. :-)

luxxon

Dear ToadLoadin

Thank your help.
    I change some settings to satisfy my code Hex and -digit
    [0x]+[[:xdigit:]]+
    [-]*[0-9]+

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.