Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Today, we are releasing EmEditor Professional v13 beta 12 (12.9.12).

Updates from beta 11 include:
    – /ff and /mc command line options allow you to find a string in an opened document.
    – Fixed other bugs.

Please see EmEditor Professional v13 New Features.
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_41.html

=== To Download ===

Please click one of the links below to download. The Update Checker is not available for beta versions.

http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed32_12.9.12.exe (32-bit installer)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed64_12.9.12.exe (64-bit installer)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed32_12.9.12_portable.zip (32-bit portable)

Notes:

Since this is a beta version, there might be some bugs left, and that is normal. Only English and Japanese user interfaces are up-to-date. The Help is not up-to-date.

This beta release can be tried with a registration key for v12. Registration keys for v13 will be different from the keys for v12. When v13 is released, some customers will need to purchase upgrades. If you purchase v12 now, you will receive a free key for v13 when v13 is released.

To change from EmEditor Professional to EmEditor Free, select the Quick Launch (CTRL+Q) on the Tools menu, type “downgrade”, and press Enter twice. To change from EmEditor Free to EmEditor Professional, select the Quick Launch (CTRL+Q) on the Tools menu, type “upgrade”, and press Enter twice.

Thank you for continue using EmEditor!

CaptainFlint
    Participant

Confirm the fix with double “Makefile*” mask in the Open/Save dialog.

Ctrl+click+drag is not fixed: it still selects by characters if any selection is present.

urlwolf

‘check for updates’ doesn’t work for betas, why?

Stefan
    Participant

urlwolf wrote:
    ‘check for updates’ doesn’t work for betas, why?

I guess because there is no update of the current version.

Only betas for a future newer version (upgrade).
    And therefore a successfully ‘check for updates’
    would not be a awaited result for most of the users.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Flint wrote:
    Ctrl+click+drag is not fixed: it still selects by characters if any selection is present.

Some users still want to be able to make multiple selections by using CTRL + click + drag, therefore, this is a combination of both good features. If you CTRL + Click + drag, it will select by character. However, if you CTRL + Click (No drag), it will select by words.

CaptainFlint
    Participant

If you CTRL + Click + drag, it will select by character. However, if you CTRL + Click (No drag), it will select by words.

Wait a minute, if I Ctrl+click+drag and there is no selection yet, EE selects by words already! It’s only when selection is present, it selects by characters. It looks a bit inconsistent to me.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Flint wrote:

If you CTRL + Click + drag, it will select by character. However, if you CTRL + Click (No drag), it will select by words.

Wait a minute, if I Ctrl+click+drag and there is no selection yet, EE selects by words already! It’s only when selection is present, it selects by characters. It looks a bit inconsistent to me.

Yes, that’s correct.

CaptainFlint
    Participant

I see…
    OK then, what about adding a new command for toggling the option “Enable Multiple Selections”? It would be very useful for users who mostly use Ctrl+click+drag for selecting by words and who don’t want to lose multi-select feature completely. With such command it would be possible to assign a hotkey and switch between modes very quickly, rather than going through the dialogs and tabs.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Flint,

I will consider this in future versions. Can I write a macro to toggle this for you?

Thanks!

CaptainFlint
    Participant

Thank you, it would be helpful. I didn’t think about such possibility.

BTW, how do you access these options? I don’t see them in the reference. Or did you mean a macro that will send specific keypresses for opening the dialog and ticking the checkbox?

Andreas
    Participant

At the moment, Edit -> Bookmarks -> This Group -> Next Bookmark does wrap-around at the end of the document, whereas Edit -> Bookmarks -> This Document -> Next Bookmark does not wrap-around. This is inconsistent. In other editors, e.g. UltraEdit, “Next Bookmark” always wraps around, because this is more convenient for the user. EmEditor should do the same.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Flint wrote:
    Thank you, it would be helpful. I didn’t think about such possibility.

BTW, how do you access these options? I don’t see them in the reference. Or did you mean a macro that will send specific keypresses for opening the dialog and ticking the checkbox?

Hi Flint,

I thought it was possible by doing this:

n = editor.GetProfileInt( eeRegCommon, "", "EnableMultiSel", 1 );
    editor.WriteProfileInt( eeRegCommon, "", "EnableMultiSel", !n );

But this code doesn’t work actually. It is because EmEditor has to be refreshed with new Registry values.

I might add a feature to refreh EmEditor or ability to toggle the Mulitple Selection option in future versions.

Thanks!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Andreas,

I see. I believe some users still want the current behavior, so I will have to add new commands. I will add these new commands in future versions.

Thank you,

CaptainFlint
    Participant

I might add a feature to refreh EmEditor or ability to toggle the Mulitple Selection option in future versions.

OK, I’ll have to wait then. Thanks for your effort anyway!

CaptainFlint
    Participant

While editing one HTML document from Opera cache, I got EmEditor crashes. I uploaded the created text dumps here:
    http://flint-inc.ru/Temp/ee/Error_13b12.rar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.