Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Today, we are releasing EmEditor v14.9.0 beta 3.

Updates from v14.9.0 beta 2 include:

Bugfixes

• Fixed certain issues with plug-ins.

To Download

http://files.emeditor.com/beta/emed64_14.8.903.exe (64-bit installer)
    http://files.emeditor.com/beta/emed32_14.8.903.exe (32-bit installer)
    http://files.emeditor.com/beta/emed64_14.8.903_portable.zip (64-bit portable)
    http://files.emeditor.com/beta/emed32_14.8.903_portable.zip (32-bit portable)

These files will be deleted when official release versions become available. The official releases can be downloaded at the Download page.

Thank you for continue using EmEditor!

gora
    Participant

This is correct – ру́сский
    This is not correct –

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello gora,

The default “Courier New” doesn’t support this combining character. Please use a supporting font, for example, Tahoma or Consolas, to show this character.

Thanks.

gora
    Participant

Hello Yutaka.
    Thanks for explanations
    ===============================================================
    The text file for test:
    A)
    Pattern for search: \nSetEnvironment
    1 I Selected a pattern for search
    2 I Press the button “Find”. In the field of “Find” I see a pattern from the previous search.
    3 I Press the button “>”, I see noted the item “Select Text or Word at Cursor”
    > Q1. Why my pattern wasn’t copied in the field of “Find”?
    4 I Press the item “Select Text or Word at Cursor”, my pattern (\nSetEnvironment) it is copied in the field of “Find”
    5 Now it is necessary to uncheck a mark in checkbox “In the Selection Only”.
    > Q2. Why this mark wasn’t removed automatically?
    > Q3. Why this option isn’t remembered for the following search?
    6 I Press the button “Find All”. Search results were SELECTED. But after allocation removal they were NOT HIGHLIGHTED.
    > Q4. Why there is no highlighted?

B)
    I repeat points 1…5
    6 I Press the button “Extract All”. It is written in a status line: “7 matches are found.”, but I see in a new tab only 4 (lines: 3, 5, 6, 7)!
    > Q5. Why?

gora
    Participant

C)
    Pattern for search: %%P
    1 I Selected a pattern for search
    2 I Press the button “Find”.
    3 I Press the button “Extract All”. It is written in a status line: “19 matches are found.”. I see in a new tab of 19 lines, but some repeat on 2 and even 3 times!
    > Q6. Why?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello gora,

I will fix Q2. As for Q3, The check box will be reset on the next beta version (beta 5). As for Q4, currently, EmEditor can’t highlight multiline keywords.

I can’t reproduce Q1, Q5, and Q6. There are lots of conditions that affect test results. Can you make your test case as simple as possible, for example, the symbol “%%” matters? What about “abc”? Please make your test cases as simple as possible, and please email me sample files with detailed explanation as to how to reproduce the problem at [email protected], along with your registry file exported at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EmSoft. (Please zip all files.)

After you export your registry, you might want to select “Tools” -> “Quick Launch” -> “Rest all Settings” to reset your settings and try again and see if you can reproduce the problem.

Thank you,

gora
    Participant
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi gora,

I think I understand the situation (Q5).
    When you “extract all”, only the first line of the matched string will be extracted. Since your search term was “\nSetEnvironment”, you are extracting each line before “SetEnvironment”. Therefore, the result was correct.
    However, I am not sure about Q6.

gora
    Participant

Hello Yutaka.
    >As for Q4, currently, EmEditor can’t highlight multiline keywords.
    It is very bad news to me. It will be changed in future versions? If “No”, in what latest version it worked?

I transferred to version 14.9.0 beta 4, made reset of all settings (as you prompted). All questions are removed!
    But decisions on Q4 and Q5 which you read correct, don’t suit me, excuse.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.