- December 2, 2020 at 12:10 pm #27208Yutaka EmuraKeymaster
Today, we are releasing EmEditor v20.4 beta 2 (20.3.902).
Updates from v20.4 beta 1 (20.3.901) include:
- Added the Notifications feature. When events like "A New Version is available", "A CSV file was detected", etc. occur, EmEditor display a balloon tip on the right bottom corner of the window to allow you to confirm or select an action for the notification. Even after the balloon tip disappears after several seconds, you can still click on the Notification icon (💬) on the status bar to display the Notification bar where you will find a list of the previous notifications. Clicking one of the items will bring up a dialog box to confirm or select an action for the notification.
- Improved the Update Checker behavior.
- Added an ability to set the global maximum memory size in MB, and improved the behavior related to memory and threads when opening multiple large files simultaneously.
- Added the Notification page to the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Maximum Memory Size (MB) text box to the Advanced page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Toggle Notifications, Customize Notifications, and Remove Empty Columns commands.
- Fixed an error message when trying to open too many lines.
- Fixed a potential crash when opening a file with only one very long line.
- Fixed a potential crash when opening a file containing a NULL character.
- Fixed bugs reported by customers (1, 2).
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. If you use the installer version, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas in order to update automatically to future beta versions. Beta versions can also be downloaded at Previous versions.
Please post any questions or comments in this forum, or Contact us.
Thank you for trying EmEditor beta!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.