Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Today, we are releasing EmEditor v21.0 beta 2 (20.9.902).

Updates from beta 1 include:
    – The Full Screen command was renamed to the Focus Mode command, and allows you to select which UI elements to show or hide, whether to switch to the full screen mode, and whether to retain the Focus Mode next time you launch EmEditor.
    – Added the Focus Mode page to the Customize dialog box.
    – Added the Customize Focus Mode command.

Please see EmEditor v20.9 New Features for details and screenshots.

Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. If you use the installer version, please select Customize Update Checker on the Help menu, and set the Include beta versions in order to update automatically to future beta versions. Beta versions can also be downloaded at Previous versions.

Please post any questions or comments in this forum, or Contact us.
    Thank you for trying EmEditor beta!

LTT
    Participant

Please consider implementing Layouts feature instead of the single Focus Mode:
    ▲ One can save several layouts: fullscreen, non-fullscreen, more toolbars, less toolbars, …
    ▲ Even save window size and position for each layout.

David
    Participant

Hello, LTT
    I agree with you totally. Sometimes we need one layout for handling CSV file, another time need layout for big text file……
    I also suggest new command and parameters will be added. We can create different shortcuts for different layout, fox example:
    shortcut 1: c:\Emeditor\Emeditor.exe /layout:fullscreen
    shortcut 2: c:\Emeditor\Emeditor.exe /layout:non-fullscreen
    shortcut 3: c:\Emeditor\Emeditor.exe /layout:alltoolbars
    shortcut 4: c:\Emeditor\Emeditor.exe /layout:nontoolbars……

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

v21.0 beta 6 (20.9.906) will include the Layouts feature.

The command line will be:

/layout “Layout name”

For instance,

emeditor.exe /layout “Focus Mode”
    emeditor.exe /layout “Full Screen”

The Layout name can be customized in the Layouts page of the Customize dialog box.

LTT
    Participant

(.906)

A more intuitive way to save/change a layout (seen in other apps) is like this:

Adjust the UI first: window size + position (or full-screen); menu/bar visibility + position; … (I think Ruler / Line Number / Outline Guide / … can be also included to save.)
    Then use “Save Layout…” command, to save the current layout with a new name, or to replace a saved one.

(▲ And I think workspace saving can be also like this.)

This way, personally I think the “Options” list in [Customize: Layouts] can be simplified, and the “Save Current Window Position” button is not needed.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I certainly thought about it, and there are some issues that aren’t easy to explain. I will see what I can do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.