Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    maxim_2004

1) Statistically people jump to particular Line more often than to Line+Column.

2) EmEditor in Edit>Jump insists on specifing Column number. If user wants to simply jump to particular line he is obliged to denote “1” as column number. “0” or empty column number will not perform a jump.

3) Tested on EmEditor 9.08.
    Thanks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

The Column field was added due to a customer request. However, the Column field is pre-filled with the current column position, so you don’t need to change the Column field if you don’t care the Column you jump to.

I hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thank you!

maxim_2004

Yutaka, thanks for reply, I understand your point about ignoring defaulted column number, still I repeat the offer.

My coder’s practice proves that coders usually need jumps to particular line’s 1st column. Let’s think how we can free them from necessity to enter/correct column #.

What’s your opinion about such tentative :) variant with enabling checkbox (disabled would jump to 1st column, but still you would show current default column in textbox)?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello maxim_2004,

I might consider that in future versions.
    Thank you for your inputs!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.