Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RaiGal

Hello there,
    I’ve only started using EmEditor and it’s already one of my favourite programs.So far i have encountered three drawbacks.

First one is that if i open a new file without EmEditor being active before opening it,it sort of starts like a new session,discrarding the tabs from previous sessions.So if i want to keep all the tabs from a previous session i need to run EmEditor before opening any file which is kinda of a hassle.I think Notepad++ had a similar function.Any way that i can change this?Just pointing this out because it’s a very good time saver!

Second thing i want to point out is that i haven’t found any option to make EmEditor automatically save my modified files every X minutes which is really helpful.

Third and last is the ability to change the colour of html links from blue to black which is way easier on the eyes.
    Thanks for your time,any help is greatly appreciated! :-D

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

RaiGal wrote:
    Hello there,
    I’ve only started using EmEditor and it’s already one of my favourite programs.So far i have encountered three drawbacks.

First one is that if i open a new file without EmEditor being active before opening it,it sort of starts like a new session,discrarding the tabs from previous sessions.So if i want to keep all the tabs from a previous session i need to run EmEditor before opening any file which is kinda of a hassle.I think Notepad++ had a similar function.Any way that i can change this?Just pointing this out because it’s a very good time saver!

Second thing i want to point out is that i haven’t found any option to make EmEditor automatically save my modified files every X minutes which is really helpful.

Third and last is the ability to change the colour of html links from blue to black which is way easier on the eyes.
    Thanks for your time,any help is greatly appreciated! :-D

We might consider your first suggestion regarding auto restore workspace and a particular file open.

The second suggestion about auto saving is already possible from configuration properties > Auto Save tab.

The third suggestion is also already possible from configuration properties > Display tab. Please go ahead to look into all tabs in configuration properties and Customize dialogs. Thanks!

RaiGal

Wow i guess i didn’t looked hard enough!Lazy meh.
    Thanks a lot for your help :)

RaiGal

Asked for a feature and got it ready a few days later?I doubt that even microsoft has a customer support that good!

Can’t thank you enough for adding the restore workspace mate!

However,it doesn’t really work out for me.I have both “save workspace automatically” and “restore workspace automatically” options enabled with “EmEditor Quick Start” option disabled. If i close emeditor with a X number of tabs open and try to open it again (from the application exe) it will restore only one tab from the previous session.

As it comes to my understanding if i opened it like that it should restore the previous workspace.

I will try to completely reinstall emeditor along with every setting/registry value left and try to see if it works now.

I think that adding an option (along with restore and save workspace options) whereas if i open a new file whilst having a previous workspace saved it will open it alongside with the old tabs and one which opens a new session for the new file would be more than great!

Many thanks for your effort Yutaka and everyone who worked hard for this!

RaiGal

Hello again,
    After a clean install of EmEditor things are much better.If i close EE with a workspace (multiple tabs) open and start it over from the main .exe file,the workspace is restored.

However if i try to open a file without EE already running,the last workspace is discarded and EE starts a new workspace.

Are the save/restore workspace functions designed to work that way?

Is there any way to get EE not discard the last workspace and instead open the new file alongside with those in the last workspace?

Thanks in advance!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

RaiGal wrote:
    Hello again,
    After a clean install of EmEditor things are much better.If i close EE with a workspace (multiple tabs) open and start it over from the main .exe file,the workspace is restored.

However if i try to open a file without EE already running,the last workspace is discarded and EE starts a new workspace.

Are the save/restore workspace functions designed to work that way?

Is there any way to get EE not discard the last workspace and instead open the new file alongside with those in the last workspace?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your comments and input on this workspace. Currently, this is the supposed behavior, but I understand it should be corrected. I will try to correct this behavior by the next major version. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.