Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andreas
    Participant

Currently, the wrap mode setting in the View menu (No Wrap, Wrap by Characters, Wrap by Window, Wrap by Page) is global for all files. Please make it possible that this setting can be different for different files. For each file, EmEditor shall remember the setting, and when the user switches between files, EmEditor shall apply the remembered setting.

Meir
    Participant

Thanks Andreas!

I’ll second this!

I will add though that it should also be part of the saved workspace and restored with it.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

You can still use different wrapping modes if you use separate configurations, but I will think about that in future versions.

Thanks!

Andreas
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

I would be very grateful if you could fulfil this request. Your suggestion to use separate configurations does not help me unfortunately, due to the way how I use EmEditor. (I have files of the same type which need different wrap mode settings.)

Thanks and best regards,
    Andreas

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Andreas,

I will think about this in the future version.

Thank you!

Andreas
    Participant

Thank you very much for implementing this feature in v14.4.0 beta 1! This is really useful.

Would it be possible to consider also Meir’s suggestion (second post in this thread)? Currently, EmEditor forgets the wrap mode on exit.

Andreas
    Participant

Unfortunately, EmEditor still forgets the wrap mode setting when the file is removed from the workspace and then EmEditor is closed. This problem does not exist e.g. for the cursor position. So it seems that EmEditor stores the cursor position somewhere else. Would it be possible to store the wrap mode setting in the same place, so that EmEditor will remember the wrap mode setting even if the file is removed from the workspace?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

We will look into this issue.
    Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.