Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    spiros
    Participant

I notice when I use a string in the filter text box it is not necessarily remembered when I click the drop-down arrow next to it. Is there a setting for this?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

It will be remembered if you press ENTER or click the Refresh button on the Filter toolbar if the Incremental button is pressed.

spiros
    Participant

Ok, I got it now. I was expecting that if it was entered (while the Incremental button is on), it would be remembered anyway (without having to press Refresh).

sky
    Participant

I also look forward to being able to have the filtering toolbar remember previously strings without having to press Enter.

However, upon consideration, directly remembering everything can pose issues.
    For example, if the input is “Test”, would it record “T,” “Te,” “Tes,” and “Test” as four separate strings? Not to mention longer strings.

If we take a different approach, if there could be an option to set a time values.
    For instance, if the user finishes typing and takes more than 5 or 10 seconds to browse the filtered results, then the input could be recorded.
    Would this approach be feasible?

tuska
    Participant

Hi,

In this context, I would like to know please,
    how to remove single or all saved entries from the filter dropdown list.

Thanks!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Please press ENTER if you want to have entered strings remembered while the Incremental button is on. I don’t think it is such a big issue.

To remove a single entry from the filter and other Find drop-down list, you can press ALT + DELETE while the drop-down list is open and an item is selected. If you want to remove all items, you can continue doing this for all items, or select the History page of the Customize dialog, and click Clear History Now button.

tuska
    Participant

To remove a single entry from the filter and other Find drop-down list,
    you can press ALT + DELETE while the drop-down list is open and an item is selected.

If you want to remove all items, you can continue doing this for all items,
    or select the History page of the Customize dialog, and click Clear History Now button.

Thank you for your reply.

It worked and I found out on this occasion that one can delete several entries in a row
    also by holding down the ALT key and pressing the “Del” key several times.

spiros
    Participant

Would be quite useful if there was a setting to have it automatically remembered in the dropdown list. For example, I may use a word to filter a file, then go to another tab with another file, whereupon I would have to reenter that word (or to have pressed Enter in the previous step).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.