Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Deipotent
    Participant

Is there an option to stop the word under the cursor being used as the Find text when the Find dialog is invoked ?

I would like an option to only use selected text as Find text, and if nothing is selected, use the previous Find text.

Also, with the Find/Replace In Files dialog, there is a problem with the File Types edit box when Use Output Bar is disabled…

If I have a Find mask of “*.c” and do a Find/Replace, then open Find In Files again, append “;*.h” to it (ie. so it becomes “*.c;*.h”) and do another search, when I open Find In Files again, the mask will be set to “*.h” rather than “*.c;*.h”. It seems to set it to the last mask (eg. if it was “*.a;*.b;*.c;*.d”, it will be set to “*.d” the next time). It should keep the previous mask.

NOTE: This only happens with Use Output Bar disabled.

One last problem:

The In Folder control seems to track which file is currently being viewed, and sets it to the same folder the next time you do Find/Replace In Files. Can you add an option to disable this tracking, so it always just uses the previous path.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello!

Please go to the Find dialog, click “>” button next to the Find text box, and a menu appears. Please select the “Custom”, then click the “>” button again and select “Save as Default”. This way, next time, it shouldn’t change the initial text that appear in the Find text box.

Likewise, you can do the same way with the File Types drop-down list box, and the Folder drop-down list box — select the “Custom” will remember the last used item.

Thanks!

Deipotent
    Participant

Doh! I had seen those options before, but didn’t check. :oops:

Deipotent
    Participant

There appears to be a bug with Find/Replace In Files where the Find is always set to Selected Text, even after you change it and save as default.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

I reproduced this issue, and will fix the issue soon.
    Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.