Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alanf

All of a sudden, when I bring up the Find or Replace dialog boxes, the text fields in the dialog box where I want to type in the text to be found or replaced are mostly filled with arrow bitmaps (a left and a right arrow). I took a screenshot and could send it to anyone who wants to see it.

This makes it impossible to use the find/replace functionality. Very scary, as I need it to do a translation job immediately.

I saw this in the version I was using, installed the latest version (8.06), restarted the editor, and even restarted the computer, but the arrows kept returning.

What can I do?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

alanf wrote:
    All of a sudden, when I bring up the Find or Replace dialog boxes, the text fields in the dialog box where I want to type in the text to be found or replaced are mostly filled with arrow bitmaps (a left and a right arrow). I took a screenshot and could send it to anyone who wants to see it.

This makes it impossible to use the find/replace functionality. Very scary, as I need it to do a translation job immediately.

I saw this in the version I was using, installed the latest version (8.06), restarted the editor, and even restarted the computer, but the arrows kept returning.

What can I do?

The Find/Replace dialog box allows resizing by dragging the right bottom corner with the mouse. When the height of the dialog box is minimum, only a single line can be entered as a search string, while the taller dialog box allows multiple lines entered as a search string. Please drag the right bottom corner with the mouse so you can enter just the right size of the text.

alanf

Wow, that was a VERY fast reply! Indeed, resizing the box made the problem go away. In fact, now I’m unable to replicate it because I can’t seem to make the box small enough to cause that display problem.

Is it possible to fix this? If not, or in the interim, perhaps you could add something about it to the documentation, either in the product or here on the web, or both.

Thanks a lot!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

alanf wrote:
    Wow, that was a VERY fast reply! Indeed, resizing the box made the problem go away. In fact, now I’m unable to replicate it because I can’t seem to make the box small enough to cause that display problem.

Is it possible to fix this? If not, or in the interim, perhaps you could add something about it to the documentation, either in the product or here on the web, or both.

Thanks a lot!

It is included in our FAQ. In v9, you won’t see this problem. In v9, you will need to click [-] or [=] button to switch between single and multi-line text box. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.