Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    user
    Participant

hello

in greek language, when you click the ; button, nothing happens, but it will add a stress in the next character you will type

for example, it makes α an ά

in all text editors and word precessors (notepad, MS Word, etc), when you have clicked the ; button, but after you decide that you dont want to stress the following character, you click backspace and then you type the character you want, without any stress

in emeditor, if you click the ; button and then click backspace, it deletes the previous character, which it shouldnt do, it should just not stress the next character you will type

I hope, it will be fixed

thanks

user
    Participant

the bug is even worse, its buggier
    follow this procedure to reveal another similar bug:

write some characters in greek text
    hit ;
    hit backspace (it deletes the previous character, while it shouldnt)
    hit ; again (it deletes AGAIN the previous character, while it should just stress the next typed character)

user
    Participant

this bug isnt fixed in the latest emeditor updated version

will it ever be fixed?

thanks

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I reproduced the issue. I am now investigating the issue. Thanks for letting me know. I guess I missed your report, and I am very sorry for that. I will let you know when it is fixed again.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

This has been fixed on my PC, and it will be included in the next release – probably Version 7. You will need to remove “Delete Left Character” key assignment, currently assigned to “Back” key, manually from the Keyboard tab of all Configuration Properties in order to make this work. Thanks!

user
    Participant

thank you

however, I need Backspace to delete the left character…

PS: could also you take a look at http://www.emeditor.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=120&forum=5&post_id=312#forumpost312

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Of course, Backspace will delete the left character.

I also looked at the other thread, and I will comment to the other thread.

user
    Participant

thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.