Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bruce

Hi, I use your editor to create language prompt files for various languages. I cut/paste from a word file to EmEditor to create a UTF-8 php file. I have been able to use it with all the asian languages and arabic languages, but I cannot get it to work with Amharic (Ethiopia). The language is displayed properly in Word, but pasting from word to emeditor fails to display properly in emeditor.

Do you have any ideas how to get emeditor to handle this font?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

While it is hard to tell exactly what happens without looking at the screenshot of the issue, I bet you have not selected a proper font for the language within EmEditor.

Please e-mail me a screen capture of EmEditor that failed to display Amharic text, and the sample Amharic text file as attachments if you still have issues.

bruce

Thanks for the response Yutaka. I have emailed you a screen shot of the problem.

Bruce.

bruce

Do you have any ideas on this issue? I haven’t heard back from you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I am still working on it, but you didn’t send me a sample of the text as an attachment but only a screenshot. Would you please send me a sample in Word document and in text file? Also, what font do you use to display the text?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.