Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LTT
    Participant

Copy some text;
    Then copy an image in another application.
    Now the system clipboard content is non-text. At this moment, how to retrieve the text last copied in a macro in EmEditor?
    I can see the text last copied (as the first clip) in the Paste menu. But I don’t mean to paste it. I find no way to retrieve this clip in a macro, because clipboardData.getData(“Text”, 0) points to the system clipboard.

Stefan
    Participant

If you code yourself,
    maybe this snippet will point you to the right direction:

Snippet plugin > General > Clipboard History

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

I realize this is an issue, but until now I coulnd’t figure out how to resolve this issue. Now that I figured out how to resolve this issue, I will fix this on the next version.

Until then, please check the “Monitor the Clipboard copied on External Applications” check box on the History tab of the Customize dialog box to work around the issue.

Thank you!

LTT
    Participant

Thank you for the solution.

By the way, I remember the depth of the clipboard history once was 33. Now it’s 32. I tried changing MaxClipboardHistory. But no effect. Only the part for “Monitor the Clipboard copied on External Applications” (0x80000000) works.
    MaxClipboardHistory is only for disabling the Clipboard history?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello LTT,

Currently, MaxClipboardHistory is not actually used to specify the maximum number, but it only turns on or off the Clipboard history and also turns on or off monitoring the external application.

The maximum number of the clipboard history is always 32, or 33 if you count the current actual clipboard contents in addition to 32 items in the history.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.