Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ginger

Hi, I’ve imported the settings from 8 version (was running in XP) into 9 (running in win7), but my workspace have not been properly moved, though HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3CommonWorkspace is exists and it have old workspace files listed there.
    But when I press ctrl+0 – that old workspace not loading.
    Even more: when I try to make new workpace via ctrl+shift+0 and then restore it with ctrl+0 it is restores properly, but that register parameter still have my old workspace files listed there.

So I guess 9 version stores workspace somewhere else? If so, then where? Cause I still want to import that old 8-version workspace I have.

Thanks!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

ginger wrote:
    Hi, I’ve imported the settings from 8 version (was running in XP) into 9 (running in win7), but my workspace have not been properly moved, though HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3CommonWorkspace is exists and it have old workspace files listed there.
    But when I press ctrl+0 – that old workspace not loading.
    Even more: when I try to make new workpace via ctrl+shift+0 and then restore it with ctrl+0 it is restores properly, but that register parameter still have my old workspace files listed there.

So I guess 9 version stores workspace somewhere else? If so, then where? Cause I still want to import that old 8-version workspace I have.

Thanks!

In EmEditor Version 9, the workspace is saved in C:UsersYutakaAppDataLocalEmurasoftEmEditorWorkspace. The workspace format is different from the registry version for version 8, so you can’t import your old workspace into the new version, unfortunately.

ginger

is there an easy way to extract the files & paths from old registryworkspace key? I know they’re in hex, but I’m not sure how to easy convert it to usual text file list.

ginger

ah, already did it, with hex>ascii converter and some handwork cleaning.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.