Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ldm
    Participant

Hi All,

Is it possible to install different versions of EmEditor on the same PC and run different instances on the same time?

Thank you!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

No. I don’t see why you want to run different instances of different versions at the same time.
    However, you can use save different portable versions and use them at a different time.

ldm
    Participant

I wanted it just because of the Project Plugin. This plugin could be used just in a single group. So, when I open another files group, it cannot be used there ….

ldm
    Participant

“you can use save different portable versions and use them at a different time” – is there no a way to run different instances of EmEditor on the same time? no matter – portable or installed, different or same version… there is no a way?

sky
    Participant

For the Project Plugin, try to check “Tools -> Customize -> Advanced -> Do not share process between documents (disables tabs) “.
    For the other requirement, try to use “Sandboxie” software.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

You should ask directly, you want to use the Projects plug-in with multiple instances. On the next version, I will change the “The projects plug-in can be displayed only in one group window.” message box with OK and Cancel buttons, and clicking OK will allow you to continue with multiple instances.

Meir
    Participant

Hurray!

Is that the first step of making the Projects plugin part of the core?

Regards

ldm
    Participant

Great! Looking forward to the new version with the Project plug, which would be available in more than one group!

Is there a way to add coloring to the tabs as well? If the coloring of the tabs would support regex, it will be a greatest feature!

Thank you!

Meir
    Participant

Tabs coloring should distinguish between the current file and other files. Right now it is not that obvious which is the one with the focus.

ldm
    Participant

“Tabs coloring should distinguish between the current file and other files” – not only ….

Coloring the file tabs, which is based on the regex, could also be very useful …

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

How about selecting “Button” in the Tab drop-down list in the Tab page of the Customize dialog box? The “Button” style is more clear as to which tab is active.

Meir
    Participant

I for one am not sure how that will work. Can you describe it a little bit more…?

ldm
    Participant

Is there a way to create a list of open buttons and put it aside of the main window? I mean something like an Outline Plug-In, but with a list of the currently open tabs, which could be sorted by A-Z, etc. Is this possible? Probably is there such Plug-In already?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Meir, On this screenshot, click the first drop-down list “Style” and select “Button”.

Tab page of Customize dialog box

Hi Just, You can use the “Open Documents” plug-in, already installed by default.

Meir
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,
    Yes indeed it is!
    Thanks!

ldm
    Participant

The new EmEditor was released… Has the Project Plug-In been already integrated into EmEditor core? Is it possible now to open the Project PlugIn in two or more file groups (EmEditor instances)? Thank you

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.