Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Yang Yang
    Participant

Hello,

Intuitively, blank lines indicate logical boundaries of the content. Somewhat like ‘\b’ in regular expressions, one can say. I propose to add built-in commands for jumping to previous/next blank lines (as boundaries), so that it’s easier to move around between logically coherent blocks.

This can be done with a few lines of macro script, for sure. But I think it’s equally good as Jump Previous/Next, Move Line Up/Down, etc. and well worth being in the core. Non-programmer users may be thankful for helping them to organize the content better.

For comparison, Sublime has this feature built-in and widely used. VS Code doesn’t (as far as I checked a long time ago) and I wrote an extension only to use it occasionally.

Thanks for your consideration. :)

Yang Yang
    Participant

Just found that Stefan provided rather simple macros for this purpose: https://www.emeditor.com/forums/topic/jump-go-to-move-to-next-empty-line-between-paragraphs/.

Continuous blank lines are not treated as a block, and the caret cannot be moved to TOF/EOF as advertised. Both are easy to customize, though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.