Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vertcioffi
    Participant

When I search for a lower case or uppercase letter after a quote, I do not find what I expect with the following two regular expressions
    “[a-z] or “l

If the file contains the single line “Regular” and I use either of the above two regex, the find command will highlight “R, which it should not. Am I doing something wrong in the regex, or is this a bug in the regex engine?

Matthew

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

vertcioffi wrote:
    When I search for a lower case or uppercase letter after a quote, I do not find what I expect with the following two regular expressions
    “[a-z] or “l

If the file contains the single line “Regular” and I use either of the above two regex, the find command will highlight “R, which it should not. Am I doing something wrong in the regex, or is this a bug in the regex engine?

Matthew

I guess you will have to check “Match Case” check box before you earch for [a-z] or l.

vertcioffi
    Participant

Thanks, checking off the match case works, along with use regular expression. I am used to working in a UNIX environment where case sensitivity is the norm. In UNIX, when I use regular expressions, I must use an option to make case insensitive.
    Matthew :-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.