- October 11, 2018 at 6:54 pm #23825Billy RudockParticipant
Been using EmEditor for 10+ years, couldn’t do my job without it!
For some reason I cannot fix, I have lost the ability to make backup txt files. They were always created in my working directory with a name syntax like Backup-myFileName.txt. I have made and deleted thousands of these files over the years. Now they are no longer being generated. I am aware of the Tools >> Properties for current configuration >> (text properties) Backup >> Save Backups to the same folder. Nothing. Any ideas? I would like to avoid reinstalling the software… never had to do that ever in all these years.
BillyOctober 11, 2018 at 7:44 pm #23826Yutaka EmuraKeymaster
I believe you are using a little old version which has this bug. Please update to the latest version.
I am sorry for any inconveniences.October 12, 2018 at 7:44 am #23829Billy RudockParticipant
Thank you, Yutaka-san,
I updated from v18.1.2 to latest v18.2.0 However, backups are still not working as before.
Here is my simple test:
1. I created a text file C:\test\mytest.txt
2. When no Backup options are checked, file save is OK (but of course no backup)
3. When I select “Save backups to the same folder:, I get the error “Cannot save backup to C:\Backup-test\mytest.txt”. When I clear the OK button then my original file gets saved but no backup is created in my present working folder.
The software is assuming I have a folder that does not exist. I hope this helps.
BillyOctober 12, 2018 at 9:36 am #23830Yutaka EmuraKeymaster
I reproduced the issue, and this will be fixed on the next version.
I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Meanwhile, you can specify a backup folder to avoid this issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.