Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ArthurZ
    Participant

I think this is a core defect:

Create a new macro (in my case made it swap-lines).

Assign a keyboard shortcut. Place it onto the Macros toolbar.

Use the new shortcut. Exit EmEditor.

Come back to change the shortcut; Restart EmEditor. The old shortcut sticks to the tooltip and the only one that works. Not the new shortcut. Further replacements of the key combinations have no effect.

Supporting images:

JohnQSmith
    Participant

I’m not sure you can use Shift+S as a keystroke.
    I mean… Shift+S is Uppercase-S.

Then again, it may be a problem in that you confused it.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

I couldn’t reproduce the issue, but I believe there is a bug. I just can’t reproduce the same procedure or conditions that you have.

However, you can try this if something is not synchronized on the Macros toolbar: Please right-click on the Macros toolbar, and select “Refresh”.

Thanks!

ArthurZ
    Participant

Silly on my side to assign Shift-S, true, but it is not to deceive me. It is just a test that ended badly :-( .

Yet, the key combination must not be important John.

So no mistake on my side, the keyboard command assigned must adhere to the configuration setting.

Therefore this is a bug.

ArthurZ
    Participant

Thank you Yutaka for the attempt to recover, unfortunately the refresh does not help.
    On the bright side, I now know why this option is there :-).

Now, since me, silly, assigned Shift-S to the swap lines, and I cannot un-do this assignment I am stuck being unable to type capital Ss :-(

I am at despair, please tell me there is one more trick before the complete removal . :-o

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you try both “Properties for Current Configuration” and “Properties for All Configurations” to remove the SHIFT + S shortcut from your macro? You can also press “Reset” on “Properties for All Configurations” to completely reset shortcuts although you might not want to reset all.

Thanks!

ArthurZ
    Participant

Ahh it WAS a sticky situation!

I did replace the keyboard keys to new ones in both configs to http://i.imgur.com/OX0kcVJ.png, didn’t help.

I then reset all, and it did remove all my keyboard shortcuts I put in place, but Shift-S was still alive and working, the refresh does not help either.

But the moment of rejoice has come after I exited and restarted the editor, now the old keyboard key assignment has finally gone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.