Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JAK

I found EMEditor to be very useful in editing very large PHP statistical database sites. For different clients I have to go in and change Form Field descriptions.
    I found that I can ride a very large macro in JavaScript.. it works very well except when its fails. “Some of the descriptions to be changed are simply not in the file”
    I have put in an alert to stop on such failures. However clicking on cancel does not stop the macro from running…
    I need some way to prompt in the middle of a macro to continue, Y/N, and with a response of “N” stop execution..

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

JAK wrote:
    I found EMEditor to be very useful in editing very large PHP statistical database sites. For different clients I have to go in and change Form Field descriptions.
    I found that I can ride a very large macro in JavaScript.. it works very well except when its fails. “Some of the descriptions to be changed are simply not in the file”
    I have put in an alert to stop on such failures. However clicking on cancel does not stop the macro from running…
    I need some way to prompt in the middle of a macro to continue, Y/N, and with a response of “N” stop execution..

You can add
    try { … } catch(e) { … }
    statement to catch most errors, and use Quit() method to stop your macro. For instance:

try {
    }
    catch(e)
    {
    Quit();
    }

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.