Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JernejL

Here is the first problem, brackets do not get always highlighted when caret is positioned on the start bracket, this also happens outside of comments but is rare – happens in specific conditions that i cannot reliably reproduce:

http://i.imgur.com/odyxp9J.png

There is also a new problem i never had with emeditor, i have about 80 files opened in 2 windows, mostly php and html files – none of it is big, yet the editor after month of usage now shows memory usage of 2GB, this hasn’t been happening before.
    I also went to each file and reloaded it from disk to discard undo info – and the memory usage is still high.

I also then went to close all the files except 5 small ones and the memory remained high, i suspect a memory leak.

So i’ve ran heapmemviewer and here are the results:
    data address, header address,block size, heap handle, segment index
    http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=0DF5agC9

I’m testing v13.0.4 32 bit trial version on windows xp.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello JernejL,

I reproduced the issue with the brackets, and will fix it soon. Thank you for reporting!

As for the second issue, so you haven’t closed EmEditor for a month? Have you used macros? How often do you use macros? Do you use any plug-ins? Which plug-ins do you use and how often?

Thanks!

JernejL

I was always able to keep emeditor open for months without any leaks until now, it never had any problems.

Macros are used often to process files, a few times daily.
    As for plugins i tried new grid column edit mode a few times, but nothing else, i don’t use any third party plugins.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello JernejL,

Thanks for information. Where did you find the “grid column edit mode” plug-in? I will need to test that plug-in.

What kind of macros did you use? Are these all written in JavaScript or VBScript?

Thanks!

JernejL

I meant the separate values / sort mode in editor – it’s not any plugin.

macros are ordinary recorded macros via record / playback mode – default toolbar buttons.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi JernejL,

Thanks for information. Do you macros include “Mouse activities and keyboard input to other applications”?

JernejL

no, just within emeditor itself.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello JernejL,

Thanks for information. If there was no problem in v12, and the problem exists in v13, it might be because 32-bit version of v13 was compiled with the Visual Studio 2010 compiler while 32-bit of v12 was compiled with the Visual Studio 2008 compiler. (The 64-bit versions of both v12 and 13 are compiled with Visual Studio 2012.) If you could run v12 with the same plug-ins and macros and coulnd’t reproduce the issue, this is probably the cause. I will still try to look into the issue.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.