Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    blackhawk
    Participant

What I use most frequently is the feature in Sublime where you can find a text string and then find next occurrence (one ore more times) and then take advantage of the multiple cursors.

In emEditor, it seems that we now have multiple cursors (YAY!!) However, it doesn’t seem that multiple cursors are allowed in finds, and that you are restricted to what is highlighted. Is there a way to change this behavior to not be restricted?

Now, if I can get lint and auto indenting built in….I can uninstall all other editors!

Thank you so much for multiple cursors!!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am not sure exactly what you mean, but in the Find dialog box, you can click “Find All” button to select all occurrences of the searched string.

Also, if you want to place multiple cursors (but not select), you might want to disable “CTRL + Click to select a word” in the Mouse tab of the Customize dialog box.

Please let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks!

blackhawk
    Participant

So try this:

Assume you have the text:

The fox jumps over the lazy dog
    How did the fox do this
    Did the fox run or start from standing
    How did the fox get near the dog

Perform a FindAll on ‘fox’ and then while all occurrences are highlighted, try to put a period at the end of each sentence by hitting <End> and then a period.
    How can you do this in emEditor?

Bill_Stewart
    Participant

How can you do this in emEditor?

1. Select the text.
    2. Use Search->Replace dialog

Find: ^(.+)$
    Replace with: \1.

3. Enable “Use Regular Expressions” and “In the Selection Only” dialog boxes
    4. Click “Replace All” button
    Bill

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi blackhawk,

I see what you mean. I might improve this usability in future versions. In this case, I might make the first ESC to collapse all the selections but keep multiple cursors. The second ESC will break all the cursors except the last cursor… This might become annoyance to some users, so it might become an option. I will try to do more research.

Thanks!

blackhawk
    Participant

Thank you for considering it.

I guess you can do it that way, but why does it need to be restrictive to the selection block anyway? Why can’t it be multiple cursors to begin with?

blackhawk
    Participant

So I just notice a new version which implements the method you mentioned above. THANK YOU!!

That seems to work fine, however, I have noticed one issue: You cannot seem to use CTRL-SHIFT-<ARROW> in multiple cursor mode. Is this a possibility to add this as well? I use this less than the multiple selections feature you added, but it would be nice if all standard cursor movements, selection, and editing were available in multiple cursor mode.

Again, thank you for adding the multiple cursors to find…such a TREMENDOUS time saver. Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Blackhawk,

I am glad you like the change. The next minor version will include the CTRL+ SHIFT + ARROW in multiple cursor mode. It should have been included in this version.

Thanks,

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

These were implemented in v14.1.0 beta 1. Can you please check?

http://www.emeditor.com/forums/topic/emeditor-professional-v14-1-0-beta-1-released/

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.