Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Deipotent
    Participant

There are often times when I want to analyze text output from other programs, so I’ll often copy the text and paste it into a new un-named EmEditor document. As the analysis is often temporary, I often don’t want to save these documents, but will often have several of these temp documents open in different tabs.

It would be handy if I could name them without actually having to save them.

If I decided I did want to save one of these renamed temp documents, EmEditor would open the Save As dialog with the name already set to the temp name.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Deipotent,

Thanks for your comments. I might consider that in future versions.

jic
    Participant

Hi Yutaka.

I hate to say this, but I have started to work with notepad++ because of this feature is still missing. I can rename any Tab in notepad++, and yes, your tool is the best in comparison, by far, but this feature, you have failed to add it, and notepad++ has it. Please consider adding this feature. Thanks.

josé

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello jic and Deipotent,
    The next version of EmEditor will allow you to rename an untitled document without saving it.
    Thank you for reminding me!

jic
    Participant

Thanks, so much, Yutaka. Version 19.4.0, is the most beautiful version yet. :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.