Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

In EmEditor Professional, you can add any features to the toolbar as buttons writing macros. However, it is true that standard buttons are useful. In v9, we will add at least the following buttons par your requests:

– Vertical selection
    – Delete
    – Save As

If you have any other features that you want to include in the toolbar, please write in this forum or email me at [email protected] as soon as possible. If your input is early enough, we might add your requests to the toolbar in v9 release. Thanks for your inputs!

CaptainFlint
    Participant

I think, some outlining functions will be useful. At least, Collapse All / Expand All.

owilsky
    Participant

First thing I add to the toolbar after a fresh install is always the “marks” button to show/hide tabs, cr/lf etc.
    How about adding this as default?

MariaK
    Participant

@Yutaka

That’s a first step. But where are all others?

Why this limitation of a predefined pool of standard commands? Please, give us the full handle about all commands. I can individualise the menu with all available EmEditor commands, but I can’t do the same with the toolbar. I’m missing this individual functionality. The „full method“ would be the easiest and best way of all. No exceptions, no extras, no problems. (For comparing, take a look at UltraEdit.)

The macro solution is one solution. But not everybody can write macros.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

owilsky wrote:
    First thing I add to the toolbar after a fresh install is always the “marks” button to show/hide tabs, cr/lf etc.

The Marks button is already included in the Toolbar, and you only need to customize from the default toolbar. The default buttons will not be changed. In this forum, I am asking any “new” button ideas that you would like to customize.

owilsky
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:

owilsky wrote:

The Marks button is already included in the Toolbar, and you only need to customize from the default toolbar. The default buttons will not be changed. In this forum, I am asking any “new” button ideas that you would like to customize.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.
    Then I fully agree with MariaK. Why limitations?

MariaK
    Participant

My „importants“:

– Save As
    – Delete
    – Print Now
    – Copy Line
    – Cut Line
    – Delete Line
    – Uppercase
    – Lowercase
    – Capitalize
    – Insert New Lines
    – Remove New Lines
    – Split Lines
    – Join Lines
    – Read Only
    – Select… (Macro)
    – Edit (Macro)
    – Save As… (Macro)
    – New Group
    – Move to Previous Group
    – Move to Next Group
    – Close Group
    – Close All Others in Group

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.