Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jugaor
    Participant

…but there is an option to enable the new “Discard Undo Information” by default? Because I just tried the 8.00RC3 and it’s slower than the 7.02 version (with complex replacing text VBEE macros). :-(
    Not an impression, I take the time in both cases.
    Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

jugaor wrote:
    …but there is an option to enable the new “Discard Undo Information” by default? Because I just tried the 8.00RC3 and it’s slower than the 7.02 version (with complex replacing text VBEE macros). :-(
    Not an impression, I take the time in both cases.
    Thank you.

Would you email me an instruction to reproduce your testing with a sample file? I will optimize if I can reproduce your issue. Thanks!

jugaor
    Participant

Hi, my friend Yutaka. Sorry for the long delay since my last post (very busy time).
    I haven’t no time to test the new features of EM…

Just a humble question:
    It makes sense the “Accelerate by Discarding Undo Information” with Replace In Files (manual or scripted)? Since it’s already impossible undoing this operation… what about deactivating by default at this to gain the speed? Or, at least, giving that option to the user…

Thank you very much for your attention.
    jugaor

PS: Happy Holidays! :-D

jugaor
    Participant

By the way, I know that EM tries to anticipate the user desires…
    but what about stopping the automatic choosing of “Use Escape Sequence” at Find/Replace dialog opening??? (it occurs if any selected char is /). Besides this, it duplicates that chars every time at Find line…
    Sorry but this behavior is very annoying :-(
    Why not remembering the previous selected options? (current session)

Thanks!
    jugaor

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

jugaor wrote:
    By the way, I know that EM tries to anticipate the user desires…
    but what about stopping the automatic choosing of “Use Escape Sequence” at Find/Replace dialog opening??? (it occurs if any selected char is /). Besides this, it duplicates that chars every time at Find line…
    Sorry but this behavior is very annoying :-(
    Why not remembering the previous selected options? (current session)

Thanks!
    jugaor

Hi, you might want to clear Use Word at Cursor in Find/Replace Dialog Box check box in the Search tab of the Customize dialog box.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

jugaor wrote:
    Hi, my friend Yutaka. Sorry for the long delay since my last post (very busy time).
    I haven’t no time to test the new features of EM…

Just a humble question:
    It makes sense the “Accelerate by Discarding Undo Information” with Replace In Files (manual or scripted)? Since it’s already impossible undoing this operation… what about deactivating by default at this to gain the speed? Or, at least, giving that option to the user…

Thank you very much for your attention.
    jugaor

PS: Happy Holidays! :-D

I will make this check box disabled when you Replace in Files without checking “Keep Modified Files Open” check box. Thank you!

jugaor
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:
    Hi, you might want to clear Use Word at Cursor in Find/Replace Dialog Box check box in the Search tab of the Customize dialog box.

Yes, it’s always cleared here: the issue is when I select the desired letters/words and trigger the dialog (the usual behavior, I think).
    Bang! ‘Use Escape Sequence’ strikes back! :-?
    (the only workaround is select/copy/trigger/paste/clearUES… please, fix it!)

Yutaka wrote:
    I will make this check box disabled when you Replace in Files without checking “Keep Modified Files Open” check box. Thank you!

Bravo for that!
    But it won’t only aesthetic, no? The promised gain of speed must be effective ;-)

Thanks again for your kind answers!
    jugaor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.