Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LuK

Hello,

I would like to know if and how it´s possible to wait for completion of the opening process of a file before the macro will start running.

At the moment, I have three files with the following config:
    1. File -> ~ 5000 lines
    2. File -> ~ 4000 lines
    3. File -> ~ 50000 lines

The first two files are loaded quickly, and the macro runs successful, but if EmEditor opens the third file, the macro will run if EmEditor was started. But at this time, the file is´nt fully loaded and the macro does not run correctly. If I delete a part of the file, so that EmEditor can open the file correctly, also the macro will run successful. :-(

Do you have any idea to solve this, i.e. “wait until file is loaded”.

Thx and best regards
    Thorsten

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

LuK wrote:
    Hello,

I would like to know if and how it´s possible to wait for completion of the opening process of a file before the macro will start running.

At the moment, I have three files with the following config:
    1. File -> ~ 5000 lines
    2. File -> ~ 4000 lines
    3. File -> ~ 50000 lines

The first two files are loaded quickly, and the macro runs successful, but if EmEditor opens the third file, the macro will run if EmEditor was started. But at this time, the file is´nt fully loaded and the macro does not run correctly. If I delete a part of the file, so that EmEditor can open the file correctly, also the macro will run successful. :-(

Do you have any idea to solve this, i.e. “wait until file is loaded”.

Thx and best regards
    Thorsten

I will check later when I have a time. For now, you can increase the size specified in the “Minimum File Size to Open Asynchronously” text box in the advanced tab of the Customize dialog box.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.