Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ArthurZ
    Participant

Hi there,
    I am on the latest non-beta build, if I set the outline in the configuration settings to a custom colour (say grey), it is reflected correctly, however when I close the settings, the chosen setting does not get applied.
    The aim is to have the fold gutter greyed out whether it is folded or not.
    Presently, it does not work as advertised.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I cannot reproduce the issue. Can you please write a procedure to reproduce the issue?
    What colors did you choose for the text color, background color of the Outline in the Display page of configuration properties? Did you try a different line style for this?

ArthurZ
    Participant

ibb.co/ swzJ7W5

Looks like your forum software silently strips posts that have links to image sharing providers so I put an extra space after the slash
    And it is missing the https// part
    The image must help understand my issue.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I see your screenshot. Then did you click OK (instead of Cancel) when you dismiss the dialog box?

ArthurZ
    Participant

I clicked on the OK button, which is the default.

As a side note, can we bring the code minimap (I think it is named differently) to the View menu as item to easily toggle on demand please?

LTT
    Participant

@Yutaka
    It does not work for me either. (Default settings, Win 7.)
    And you know we can preview the changed color in the view (before clicking OK/Cancel). This color does not work in the preview.

@ArthurZ

Right click the minimap (or the vertical scrollbar) and you can see the command(s) in the menu.

ArthurZ
    Participant

Thank you LTT,
    I feel better that is does not work for more people.
    Thing is, to bring the minimap, I need to have enough lines – which triggered my ask in the first place (View menu –> minimap is the right place for what I ask).

PS: the windowing experience is rather poor overall, why I can’t have dockable, auto-expanding on hover windows? E.g. the Synatax Checker window is the prime candidate for this.

Makoto Emura
    Keymaster

Yutaka, they want to color just the left margin of the view, also known as the gutter. They tried to do it by changing the background color of the outline part. Only “text color” has an effect on outline. As far as I know, you cannot set a separate color for just the outline or gutter. Am I correct on that?

LTT
    Participant

@ArthurZ

Right click the menu bar and open “Customize Menus”. You can add the command anywhere in the menu.
    If you can’t find the command you want to add, search it in Keyboard Map (or Quick Launch) and see the category it belongs to.

And you can even use a keyboard shortcut (also customizable) to trigger a command.

Yes, I also think such features in EmEditor need to be enhanced.
    But we are off topic…
    Please keep one topic per thread if not relevant.

ArthurZ
    Participant

Thank you LTT, the Quick Launch feature was the most useful for my off-topic item. There I could search and find it.
    So gutter or not, under what circumstances and how was it defined to work – the custom background colour of the code fold? Any screenshots would be welcome.
    My task at hand is to depict the code that can be folded.

ArthurZ
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,
    the image should show the issue details

It does not matter what colours I apply – they do not get picked.

ArthurZ
    Participant
    ArthurZ
    Participant

I posted twice the URL to the image of how I configured but it does not get picked
    https://imgur.com/zkx5MAP

ArthurZ
    Participant

ArthurZ
    Participant
    ArthurZ
    Participant

ArthurZ
    Participant

https:// ibb.co/ swzJ7W5

Looks like your forum software strips posts that have links to image sharing providers so I put an extra space after each slash

The image must help understand my issue.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.