Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hideki

I’m not sure if this is only happening to me or not as a quick searching did not dig any similar problems, but when I enable outline plugin so I can fold codes, typing text makes the texts to flash every few keystrokes which is quite annoying.

I disable the outline plugin and I do not see the problem anymore.

My environment is,
    WinXP SP 2 jp version
    EmEditor Professional 6.004

Hope this can be resolved as I feel outline plugin is a quite nice addition.

Thanks.

danderson

I have this same issue, although for me, I didn’t think it was limited to when I was using the outline plugin. I’ll have to check that.

Another thread: http://www.emeditor.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=5&post_id=351&topic_id=136#forumpost351

[edit]
    It turns out that for me it is just the outline plugin as well. I never realized that this was caused by the outline plugin (since I always have it running).

Hideki

yes, I felt it’d start hurting my eyes and let go of outline plugin for now.

I guess it’s due to the plugin trying to constantly figure out the code structure and redrawing the screen.

Yes, I think the other post you mentioned seems to be having the same issue. I didn’t come across since I searched for outline plugin issues.

Hideki

So, any plan that some work will go into fixing this issue or this plugin is not supported?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

As I replied to the other thread, The next version (7) will improve how EmEditor displays text and prevent this flickering issue.

danderson

Any ETA on Version 7? Anxiously waiting :)

Hideki

oh ok, thank you. looking forward for it.
    yes, some eta (or etr?) would help too :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.