Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kaz

I have been using a few plug-ins downloaded from the library such as Sort Strings and Sort Numbers. After I installed Windows 7, I can’t install those plug-ins. I just installed the latest EmEditor x64 9.01 on Windows 7 x64 (the EmEditor install just went fine). I downloaded sortstringa500x64.exe and sortnumbera500x64.exe from the 64-bit plug-in library and tried to install them. But, the following error is displayed for both plug-ins:

Failed to extract files. Close all EmEditor windows and try again.

EmEditor is not opened and I verified no EmEditor instances are running in the process tree.

It would be great if someone can shed some light here.

Thanks.

– Kaz

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

kaz wrote:
    I have been using a few plug-ins downloaded from the library such as Sort Strings and Sort Numbers. After I installed Windows 7, I can’t install those plug-ins. I just installed the latest EmEditor x64 9.01 on Windows 7 x64 (the EmEditor install just went fine). I downloaded sortstringa500x64.exe and sortnumbera500x64.exe from the 64-bit plug-in library and tried to install them. But, the following error is displayed for both plug-ins:

Failed to extract files. Close all EmEditor windows and try again.

EmEditor is not opened and I verified no EmEditor instances are running in the process tree.

It would be great if someone can shed some light here.

Thanks.

– Kaz

On Windows Vista and Windows 7, you will need to run these installers as an administrator. However, EmEditor Professional v9 includes sort functionalities, so you don’t really need these plug-ins. :-) Thanks!

kaz

Thank you very much for the information. I found the functionalities under the Edit -> Separated Values/Sort menu. As you wrote, I don’t need the plug-ins anymore. Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.