Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dorwins

This isn’t a bug that’s new to 7.0, but when opening a log file that keeps growing emeditor puts up the notification dialog asking if you’d like to update the file so fast, it’s impossible to close the file without going to the task manager and killing emeditor. Maybe a button should be added to allow you to close the file.

What I’d really love, however, is the ability to have emeditor tail the file. This would be very nice!

Thanks!

Dorwin

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

dorwins wrote:
    This isn’t a bug that’s new to 7.0, but when opening a log file that keeps growing emeditor puts up the notification dialog asking if you’d like to update the file so fast, it’s impossible to close the file without going to the task manager and killing emeditor. Maybe a button should be added to allow you to close the file.

What I’d really love, however, is the ability to have emeditor tail the file. This would be very nice!

Thanks!

Dorwin

If you haven’t done so yet, how about selecting “Auto-Reload” for “Changed by Another Program” drop-down list in the File tab of Configuration Properties.

I will add your request “tail the file” to our wish list.

dorwins

I tried this, but it’s a 22meg file being loaded over a network share. It just ends up continually reloading. Thank you for adding it to the wishlist! :-)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

dorwins wrote:

I tried this, but it’s a 22meg file being loaded over a network share. It just ends up continually reloading. Thank you for adding it to the wishlist! :-)

Have you tried changing the “Monitor Interval [sec]” drop-down list in the File tab of configuration properties? The default is 2 seconds, and it might be too short in your case.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.