Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mcdgfd
    Participant

I really like some of the new features of version 12, and I’ve been a happy EmEditor user since version 3. It’s crashed without a word probably 7 or 8 times today – I’ve hardly known EmEditor crash ever. I tend to have Outline and Projects plugins active, and it seems to be when saving, although I have had it when just pasting text. Sometimes it recovers an old workspace, and sometimes doesn’t. I have ‘Save workspace automatically ticked’.

I’m running 32 bit XP 12.0.0. What other useful information could I give you to see if we can unearth the problem?

Joseph

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

Since you are using Windows XP, you can get Dr. Watson log and send it to me. To get Dr. Watson log, please see:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=13#q93

You can zip the log, and send it to me as an attachment ( [email protected] ).

Those who use Windows Vista and later, EmEditor v12 now leaves crash report files at C:ProgramDataEmurasoftEmEditorError .

However, Dr. Watson log has more detail information than my crash reports, so I prefer Dr. Watson log if you run on Windows XP.

This issue is very important, and I really want to fix this bug. I am looking forward to your email.

Thank you!

mcdgfd
    Participant

Hi Yutaka

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner – I’d set to get notifications, but they weren’t set to go to my email address. It happened just now when I was double-clicking on a tab to send it to a new window, but I hadn’t read this post until then.

Next time it happens, I will absolutely send you a dr watson log file.

Thanks for speedy response.

Joseph

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello mcdgfd,

Dr. Watson log should be left on your system and it won’t be erased automatically. The log file should be

C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftDr Watsondrwtsn32.log

If you find this file, please send it now.

If you don’t find this file, you might need to fine-tune the settings according to this FAQ before you encounter another crash:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=13#q93

I am looking forward to your information.

Thank you!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello mcdgfd,

Thank you for all the information you have sent me! That was very helpful.

As I emailed, I believe I found the bug. Please try clearing the “Save Cursor Position and Bookmarks” check box on the File tab of the Customise (or Customize) dialog box (on the Tools menu > Cutomise (or Customize)).

When this is checked, there is a bug when saving bookmarks even though there is no bookmark set.

Please let me know if this eliminates crashes.

Thank you!

mcdgfd
    Participant

Thank you. I have now done that and will monitor over the next couple of weeks and let you know how I get on. What amazing technical support and customer service!

Joseph

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.