Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ldm
    Participant

Hi All,

Currently the Project Plug-In is available only in a single files group. Some time ago it was promised that in the new release the Project Plug-In will be integrated into the EmEditor Core so that it could be used in any window/instance/group. What happens with that? I don’t see any changes in the v17.0…

Thank you!

Meir
    Participant

I support this request! I don’t have words strong enough to emphasize it. A group is a project and requires a totally different list of files.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Actually, multiple instances of the Projects plug-in are allowed (but not supported) on the latest version.

You can click “OK” when you see the dialog:
    “The projects plug-in can be displayed only in one group window.”

ldm
    Participant

“allowed (but not supported) ” – could you elaborate please? :-)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

In the current version, a solution (or a project) in one group could overwrite another solution in another group. That’s why you will have to be careful when you save a solution.

Meir
    Participant

Dear Yutaka,
    I am afraid that your answer raised more questions.What should we be careful about when saving a “solution”? Must we have a different one open in a different “group”?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Just be careful when you need to modify a solution. If you modify the same solution in more than one group at the same time, one group can overwrite a change by another group.
    If you don’t need to change a solution often, you shouldn’t be worried.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.