Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zero

Hi,

I am currently evaluating EmEditor Professional 7.0.0.1 and wish to know if any of the following are possible within this great editor:

Is there a way to set up a shortcut to reference the PHP manual? For instance, I click on one of the functions in my code and the manual jumps to the corresponding page.

Can I use an external program or command to run PHP? I want to be able to view the code and any errors in an output window and also have the option to take you right to the line where the error has occurred.

How do you remove the code that is inserted with the different configurations such as C++?

I will primarily be using the editor to code in C++ and PHP.

Thanks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Zero wrote:
    Hi,

I am currently evaluating EmEditor Professional 7.0.0.1 and wish to know if any of the following are possible within this great editor:

Is there a way to set up a shortcut to reference the PHP manual? For instance, I click on one of the functions in my code and the manual jumps to the corresponding page.

Can I use an external program or command to run PHP? I want to be able to view the code and any errors in an output window and also have the option to take you right to the line where the error has occurred.

How do you remove the code that is inserted with the different configurations such as C++?

I will primarily be using the editor to code in C++ and PHP.

Thanks.

You can do almost anything with EmEditor. See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=8#q68 for examples. You might need a little tweaking though. For instance, you might want to check “Use Output Bar” to redirect standard output to the Output Bar. If compiler errors are dsplayed in the Output bar, you can only double-click on the line to jump to the source code.

I don’t know what you mean by “How do you remove the code that is inserted with the different configurations such as C++?”.

Zero

I will have to explore what EmEditor can do then. Sorry if my question about the configurations was not clear. I mean that when I create a new file in C++ or HTML, there is already header code and I wanted to know if there was a way to remove that and just start out with a blank file. Just a suggestion, but it would be nice if the required and optional parameters were shown when using the word complete plugin.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Zero wrote:
    I will have to explore what EmEditor can do then. Sorry if my question about the configurations was not clear. I mean that when I create a new file in C++ or HTML, there is already header code and I wanted to know if there was a way to remove that and just start out with a blank file. Just a suggestion, but it would be nice if the required and optional parameters were shown when using the word complete plugin.

In C++ Properties and HTML Properties, select File tab, click “New Files”, and uncheck “Use Template”.

Zero

That is just what I was looking for. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.