Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    thb

Hi

In Ultraedit if the computer crashes or is turned of while having open files in the editor. The editor offers you the chance to recover those files when editor is restarted. This would be extremely nice to have in the Emeditor.

it might already be there I just haven’t found it yet.

Best Regards

Thorbjorn

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

thb wrote:
    Hi

In Ultraedit if the computer crashes or is turned of while having open files in the editor. The editor offers you the chance to recover those files when editor is restarted. This would be extremely nice to have in the Emeditor.

it might already be there I just haven’t found it yet.

Best Regards

Thorbjorn

That feature is already in EmEditor. You will get this screen when restarting after a crash.

http://www.emeditor.com/images/emeditor7_auto_recovered.png

thb

Hi

Sorry to say that if I open a file type in somee text then kill my machine, and restart it and then open emeditor I do not get the chance of recover. Is there a setting somewhere I might have changed.

Best Regards

Thorbjorn

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

thb wrote:
    Hi

Sorry to say that if I open a file type in somee text then kill my machine, and restart it and then open emeditor I do not get the chance of recover. Is there a setting somewhere I might have changed.

Best Regards

Thorbjorn

There are no settings. How exactly did you kill your machine? If you pull out the plug of your machine suddenly, there will be no chance for any programs to save the current state.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.