- March 17, 2018 at 4:38 pm #22930
In “Find in Files” you can Search Multiple Files and Output the Results for All Search files to 1 Document.
In “Replace in Files” you can Search Multiple Files and Change Text in the Current Files.
It would be good to have a Extract Function in “Replace in Files” so that you could use Regular Expression Back References to Search Multiple Files and Output the Results for All Search files to 1 Document.
You can do this at the moment through “Find in Files”, and then using “Replace” from Results for All Search files to 1 Document – however it is a 2 step process.March 18, 2018 at 10:24 am #22932
Please try this:
1. Open all the files you are interested in one group window.
2. Open the Replace dialog box (NOT Replace in Files).
3. Set the “Use Regular Expressions” check box.
4. Set the “Search All Documents in the Group” check box.
5. Click the Down arrow next to the Extract button, and make sure the “Use Output Bar” is set.
6. Enter regular expressions in the Find and Replace text boxes
7. Click “Extract” button.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.