Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ldm
    Participant

Hi All,

Some of the languages are right-aligned (Hebrew, Arabic, etc.)

Is there a way in EmEditor to format the text to be right-aligned?

Thank you!

Meir
    Participant

i guess you got an answer. Not one which you and me would like, but an answer nevertheless!
    Yutaka dear, would you reconsider?

ldm
    Participant

Hi Meir,
    No I have not received an answer from Yutaka yet, believe in a better. Why not to support in the bi-directional editing? Is there a serious tech problem to implement this feature?
    Just

Meir
    Participant

Hi Just!

In the first place, you need to at least decipher all these strange characters such as ‘א’, ‘ב’, etc. and be able to distinguish whether something shown on screen is displayed right or reversed. Would you be able to code a Japanese rendering engine (or for other language that you never learned)?
    Second, although Microsoft provides a fairly decent BiDi (Bi-Directional) engine, one needs to learn and master it. Not a trivial matter.
    Don’t hold your breath…
    Meir

BTW, which of the RTL languages do you need?

ldm
    Participant

“Would you be able to code a Japanese rendering engine (or for other language that you never learned)?”, “needs to learn and master it” – it seems this is a key of the problem – human resources :-)

“which of the RTL languages do you need?” – Hebrew like you :-)

Meir
    Participant

Hi Just,
    For the little Hebrew I need to embed in my Perl scripts, I double check the strings and character order in MS Notepad. The problems are usually around all those “neutral” characters like ‘\’, ‘/’, numerals, etc.
    Meir

ldm
    Participant

Meir, can I ask you what purpose for do you use EmEditor? Would I guess you are a books writer?

Meir
    Participant

No, just writing Perl code…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.