Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ldm
    Participant

Hello,

Is it possible to customize how the Search results (generate from ‘Find in Files’) will be represented in the Output window (in the bottom part of Editor window)?

Let’s say, in the Find in Files Output Window, I’d like to see only the line numbers and the matched line contains without a full path to the file where the match happened. Can I do such customization?

Thank you

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

In the Find in Files dialog box, there is the Output Options drop-down list box, where you can select from Display File Names and Lines, Display File Names Only, Display Matched Lines Only, and Display Matched Strings Only. Currently, that’s the only way to customize the output results. If this is a feature request, I will think about that in future versions.

Thanks!

ldm
    Participant

Yes, please add “Matched Strings with Line Numbers” – should be very useful while working on the single file!

Skeeve
    Participant

Hello,

just want to jump in to say that I would like to see exactly this feature too. A similar find in files result window as Visual Studio or Notepad++ are providing would be absolutely perfect.

At the moment this is my only major complain with EmEditor, everything else is perfect:)

Thanks,
    Kind regards,
    Skeeve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.