Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ldm
    Participant

Hello All,

Is the Search PlugIn able to make a search on several files?

In the search results window, the file name is represented, but the line, where the word/string was found, doesn’t.

Suggestion#1: please show the whole line from the file, where the word/string was found, in the search results window (even instead of the file name field).

Suggestion#2: please allow to the result window being placed under the Text Main window (in addition or instead of its current placement as a side bar).

Thank you!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

The line number is displayed. Here is the screenshot:

http://www.emeditor.com/images/search.jpg

If not displayed, you might need to adjust the vertical boundary to the right. You can also change the position by going to the plug-in properties. To go to Properties, you can right-click on the Search button on the Plug-ins toolbar, and then select Properties. You can also select Plug-ins, Customize Plug-ins on the Tools menu, select Search from the list, and click Properties.

Please see details at our help:

http://www.emeditor.com/help/howto/plugin/index.htm

ldm
    Participant

The line number is displayed.

Okay, besides the line number, I’d prefer the whole line, which contains the matched string, be displayed. This would give you an additional information on match (without a need of jumping between line just for seeing the line contents).
    Hopefully I’ve explained myself with my pure English experience.
    As for me, I’d just replace the file name in the Search results window with the line contents.
    What do you think about changes in this plugin?
    Thank you!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

In that case, you might want to use the “Find in Files”, click “>” on the right side of the “Files Types” and select “Current File”.

Thanks!

ldm
    Participant

Yes, “Find in Files” has more features – thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.