Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    QiaoJiao
    Participant

Search results (search in files) are unclickable now. It searches but I can’t go to the file, link is unclickable.

I do messed with links recently but I have no idea how to restore it.
    Tools → Customize → Active strings → Tags including Find in Files hyperlinks >>> left click >>> open url with default program
    nothing changes, links in search results are unclickable. It is underlined, yellowish but hovering or clicking it does nothing.

Where is option for this?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Please select Tag Jump instead of Open URL with Default Program.

Can you use the Tag Jump command (F10) to jump?

QiaoJiao
    Participant

Please select Tag Jump instead of Open URL with Default Program

It doesn’t helped. Same behavior – hovering over it don’t change cursor, clicking does nothing. I tried several things, restarted EmEditor.

Can you use the Tag Jump command (F10) to jump?

Yes, it works. So, only clicking has problem.

Few days ago I was messing with links and removed all actions except for hyperlinks. When I found that search also has “active strings”, I tried to restoring it, but nothing changes. I actually don’t know what “tag” is, it is somehow misleading.

I did press “reset” – it restored all options here, but search page still is not working with mouse.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

You can also go to configuration properties -> Link page, and make sure the “Tags including Find in Files hyperlinks” option is set.

QiaoJiao
    Participant

Thats it! I forgot that I changed them. Thank you!

“Tag” is confusing, I know them as html tags or tags like for categorizing content. Can’t wrap my head what they have to do with search, so I turned them off.

I use urls and local links a lot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.