Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Snusmumrik

If I try to do a “Search/Replace in Files” onto a a network share, i.e. machineshare, Emeditor seems unable to find any files. As of now, I have to map a share to a local drive to make the search work.

I’d like Emeditor to be able to do search and replace in files directly onto a network share, would simplify things a lot.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Snusmumrik wrote:
    If I try to do a “Search/Replace in Files” onto a a network share, i.e. machineshare, Emeditor seems unable to find any files. As of now, I have to map a share to a local drive to make the search work.

I’d like Emeditor to be able to do search and replace in files directly onto a network share, would simplify things a lot.

I could not reproduce your problem. I can find/replace files in network shares. Can you make sure your shares have write permissions, and you can use Notepad to create and write files on to that share?

baco

I use shared NAS disk in LAN network.

EmEditor cannot rewirte file on shared LAN disk on command “Save” (example: Save Hello.txt).

EmEditor can only use command “Save As” (example: Save As Hello1.txt).

Microsoft Notepad.exe without problem rewrite file on shared NAS disk on command “Save”.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

baco wrote:
    I use shared NAS disk in LAN network.

EmEditor cannot rewirte file on shared LAN disk on command “Save” (example: Save Hello.txt).

EmEditor can only use command “Save As” (example: Save As Hello1.txt).

Microsoft Notepad.exe without problem rewrite file on shared NAS disk on command “Save”.

I cannot reproduce your problem. What error message do you get when you try to Save? Or you cannot select Save command because it is grayed out?

baco

On shared NAS disk in LAN network i have file Hello.txt.
    I modify file Hello.txt in EmEditor.
    In EmEditor I can select Save command.
    I use Save command.

Show Popup Window:
    There is not enough space on the disk.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5044/emeditorlx4.jpg

I try Microsoft Notepad.exe.
    Microsoft Notepad.exe without problem save modified file on shared NAS disk on Save command.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

baco wrote:
    On shared NAS disk in LAN network i have file Hello.txt.
    I modify file Hello.txt in EmEditor.
    In EmEditor I can select Save command.
    I use Save command.

Show Popup Window:
    There is not enough space on the disk.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5044/emeditorlx4.jpg

I try Microsoft Notepad.exe.
    Microsoft Notepad.exe without problem save modified file on shared NAS disk on Save command.

Do you have enough hard disk space on your hard drive and in the remote share?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.